• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Illum for match/comp shooters? Does anyone actually use it?

InkedIan

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2007
Va
While I have used illumination during hunting, plinking, and combat(acog). I've never used it or wanted to use it for a match or for any type of long range shooting.

Anyone here actually used it for a match or felt they needed it and didn't have it?

Yup used it more than a few times for night stages but a lot of matches have done away with night stages as they usually take a long time for not much shooting.

I have used illum at the TBTC every year, and the survival trial. When you have to shoot at night, i find it a big help.

They do ok, but it kinda depends on the nature of the night stages that year. I've heard many wish they had it after getting through the stage, but i know some folks who did ok without it. Its not a lionsshare of the points, so even without it, its not the end of the world.

My newest optic does not have it, cause it wasnt worth 1000+ extra to get it for me.. (mark 6)

As far as suurvival trial, everyone else shot it during the day, so non issue for them.
We hit it at night and the illum was helpful.

I have also removed the batteries but I guess it just depends on the matches you shoot. I know some still do low light/dusk stages.