• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Illuminated reticle question

Ranger.RSA

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
I recently acquired a Delta Stryker HD FFP scope. The illuminated section of the reticle should only be the center section however at High magnification some illumination comes through in some areas. Not as bright at the center but still noticeable. Is this normal with illuminated reticles?

On bright settings it is normal to get some reflections on the non illuminated areas. (in most scopes) Really depends how much yours lights up.

I have noticed this on a few of my rifle scopes as well. Specifically my vortex viper pst gen2 and nightforce shv f1. I havent noticed it on my higher end vortex razor gen 2 or steiner t5xi however

only a few expensive scopes aim the illumination at only the center area, or so i read. these tend to be better for seeing in bright daylight.