• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Im about to flip out!!!

titus7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Ridgecrest, California
Hey guys, I need to vent!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
I am a die hard conservative realist American. My wife and I are taking this college class on sociology (requirement for a degree, not by choice) And this liberal piece of shit teacher posts this to my wife after she tells 'him' that she served in the military for 8 years which includes a tour in Iraq, that she volunteered herself for. She Volunteered because she was the only one out of her unit that didnt have kids, and she didnt want anyone to have to leave their kids.

This all started over the topic of who should be allowed to vote in America. (summarized replies)

His reply was that only the rich and educated should be allowed to vote because they are the only ones who have the knowledge to make a good vote.

she replied that due to our freedoms that Americans have bled and died for all American citizens should be allowed to vote. And that she didnt agree with his statement because that would mean that the lives lost would have been in vain.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">HIS LAST REPLY----</span></span></span>
<span style="color: #FF0000">Finally, I really don’t give a flying burrito what you take great offense to!!!! And framing it in that “I served 8 years of my life” is sick….you had a job!!!! You got paid, you got health benefits, and you signed up. It was a JOB!!!! You want a cookie, go look somewhere else.

Ultimately, Tiff, I really just don’t care. I’m going to get my credits, get my raise, and you just don’t matter.

p.s. Happy Independence Day!!!!! </span>

not sure if any of that makes any sense, but
Am I off my rocker or is this guy a F@*#&#$^N idiot!!

Re: Im about to flip out!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I need to vent!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
I am a die hard conservative realist American. My wife and I are taking this college class on sociology (requirement for a degree, not by choice) And this liberal piece of shit teacher posts this to my wife after she tells 'him' that she served in the military for 8 years which includes a tour in Iraq, that she volunteered herself for. She Volunteered because she was the only one out of her unit that didnt have kids, and she didnt want anyone to have to leave their kids.

This all started over the topic of who should be allowed to vote in America. (summarized replies)

His reply was that only the rich and educated should be allowed to vote because they are the only ones who have the knowledge to make a good vote.

she replied that due to our freedoms that Americans have bled and died for all American citizens should be allowed to vote. And that she didnt agree with his statement because that would mean that the lives lost would have been in vain.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">HIS LAST REPLY----</span></span></span>
<span style="color: #FF0000">Finally, I really don&#146;t give a flying burrito what you take great offense to!!!! And framing it in that &#147;I served 8 years of my life&#148; is sick&#133;.you had a job!!!! You got paid, you got health benefits, and you signed up. It was a JOB!!!! You want a cookie, go look somewhere else.

Ultimately, Tiff, I really just don&#146;t care. I&#146;m going to get my credits, get my raise, and you just don&#146;t matter.

Am I off my rocker or is this guy a F@*#&#$^N idiot!!</div></div>

His comments galvanize the point that people have sacrificed (some have made the ultimate sacrifice) so that others can make an ass of themselves.

This would wander into the realm of the deadly three (sex, religion, and politics) that you are not going to change them of their beliefs.

“A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still.”

With that being said I would let it die and I would let this topic die in that it will likely wander into the realm of politics (it is already skirting it).

Like Robert Heinlein wrote (Starship Troopers)

"the rights of a full Citizen (to vote, and hold public office) must be earned through some form of volunteer Federal service. Those residents who have not exercised their right to perform this Federal Service retain the other rights generally associated with a modern democracy (free speech, assembly, etc.), but they cannot vote or hold public office."

Never served but i agree

"Let her beat his ass in the parking lot" & vent away

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like Robert Heinlein wrote (Starship Troopers)

"the rights of a full Citizen (to vote, and hold public office) must be earned through some form of volunteer Federal service. Those residents who have not exercised their right to perform this Federal Service retain the other rights generally associated with a modern democracy (free speech, assembly, etc.), but they cannot vote or hold public office."

Never served but i agree

"Let her beat his ass in the parking lot" & vent away </div></div>

Aware of the concept. That being said that is NOT what our Founding Fathers put forth (will mark this as a history lesson).

This should end well.....

Sounds like it's a grad student teaching. I'd approach the professor that he is teaching underabout the attitude. If the Prof is worth a warm bucket of spit he'll yank that dog's chain over that simply due to the disprspect shown from teacher to student.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like Robert Heinlein wrote (Starship Troopers)

Never served but i agree

"Let her beat his ass in the parking lot" & vent away </div></div>

Aware of the concept. That being said that is NOT what our Founding Fathers put forth (will mark this as a history lesson). </div></div>

"Let her beat his ass in the parking lot" is a good concept,,,, wait you mean the Heinlein stuff

Loc: Ridgecrest, California

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's the underlying problem

The vast majority of those teaching our impressionable youth have in fact never been or done anything beyond that of being professional scholars. This is the type of person who shapes the minds of the future voting pool.

Can she file a greivance with the Dean (like it would do any good)?

you know I am retired military and come from a log line of those who have served active, reserves, NYC retired cops and such. When I went to get my degree I met assholes like this. A professor that has tenure can pretty much say or do whatever they want . Those assholes can fail orpass you and not have to justify it either way. I taught my daughters a very simple expersion. Push the button and get the bananna. that is all you can due. Shutyour mouth say EYE and carry on smartly get your degree and never mind the asshole. Sometimes my daughters had to lie about how they felt about things to make therse jerks happy, but they got their degrees and now they can do what they want.

PS After writing an essay on stay at home mothers my one daughters Prof asked her to fill out a survey""because she had already completed all of her work" after she finished the prof took a grade sheet out of her desk and scored the survey. She then looked at my daughter and said"wpow I am surprised, with the old fashioned opinions you have I would have pegged you as a racist but I guess not: it was a physch profile exam.
never underestimate what a liberal will due to those that do not agree with them.

This reminds me of a conversation I had in the car with my grandmother and a few friends on the night I graduated. My friend Josh and I were talking about Black Hawk Down. Josh's brother is a Marine (so is mine). Naturally, since Josh is a military-interested kid as well, we got to discussing. My grandmom stopped us and said, "You know when you get to college, you're going to run into a lot of liberal professors who won't appreciate the troops and what they do the way you two do." I looked and Josh and I said, "What would you consider us and our opinion?" He said, "Excessively pro-violence, slaughter, nukes, and America!" We all laughed, obviously he was joking.

In all seriousness, what my grandmother said was true though. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who take a anti-military stance. I don't like to label them "liberal" or "conservative." I just don't think labels are fair. The way your wife's professor addressed the situation, however, was extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. I hate coming across people like that. I assume, however, that it's just because they have no ground upon which to relate. They take a lot of what they have for granted because they've never seen or felt first or even second-hand the hardships our servicemen and women deal with.

I live by this philosophy in academia:

Keep mouth shut, keep ears open, get good grade.

There is no point in setting oneself up for failure and losing out on money, time, and possible acceptance to graduate level programs because you wanted to flick the chip off some dude's shoulder.

As a veteran in college right now, I can tell you this- the professors that have the same mindset as your professor likely think it's unfair that you get to go to school on the government's dime. They also have probably had run ins with vets who have little to offer the academic world outside of their tuition payment, or who while being smart exhibit an entitled attitude and can't apply the same concepts that helped them succeed in the military on the outside. Concepts being: mouth shut, ears open, yes sir no sir, thank you sir.

Is it unfortunate the professor displayed such immaturity and rudeness in his dialogue? yes. Should this be brought to the attention of the dean? perhaps.

It doesn't matter what you feel or know. If the professor says the sky is composed of gaseous coffee grinds... fuck it, it's composed of gaseous coffee grinds. If he says only the rich and educated should vote and you know his attitude and outlook is such that any dissent would bring about negative consequences...I'm inclined to say go with their point of view.

When the semester is over, write him a nice email detailing how much of a douche bag he is, once final grades are submitted. Or you could just move on and while he is languishing in academic tenure, you and yours will be out there making the world a better place in his absence from all things reality.

No one cares what your dialectical dynamic was with your professor when they are evaluating the transcripts...they just want to see the highest grades possible.

make sense?

so the poor dirt farmers voice doesn't mean any thing ? every one no matter age,race,location (list goes on) all have the same rights in America, at least thats what i was told.

If a bayou hick wants to vote let him vote if a rich man wants to vote let him vote... if a woman wants to vote let it happen. its their right its your right its mine, if i make an uneducated vote thats on me.

i also feel the point stated above is true, mouth shut ears open get the grade and get out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live by this philosophy in academia:

There is no point in setting oneself up for failure and losing out on money, time, and possible acceptance to graduate level programs because you wanted to flick the chip off some dude's shoulder.

As a veteran in college right now, I can tell you this- the professors that have the same mindset as your professor likely think it's unfair that you get to go to school on the government's dime. They also have probably had run ins with vets who have little to offer the academic world outside of their tuition payment, or who while being smart exhibit an entitled attitude and can't apply the same concepts that helped them succeed in the military on the outside. Concepts being: mouth shut, ears open, yes sir no sir, thank you sir.

Is it unfortunate the professor displayed such immaturity and rudeness in his dialogue? yes. Should this be brought to the attention of the dean? perhaps.

It doesn't matter what you feel or know. If the professor says the sky is composed of gaseous coffee grinds... fuck it, it's composed of gaseous coffee grinds. If he says only the rich and educated should vote and you know his attitude and outlook is such that any dissent would bring about negative consequences...I'm inclined to say go with their point of view.

When the semester is over, write him a nice email detailing how much of a douche bag he is, once final grades are submitted. Or you could just move on and while he is languishing in academic tenure, you and yours will be out there making the world a better place in his absence from all things reality.

No one cares what your dialectical dynamic was with your professor when they are evaluating the transcripts...they just want to see the highest grades possible.

make sense? </div></div>

Very much in accordance with my own experience while a student in the '80s'. While not a veteran, I was a "mature" student attending classes while employed full time. I often was as old or older than some of the instructors, some of whom were tenured but many were associates or grad students.

Often they too are playing a game of placation as they position themselves in accord with those who may sit in judgement upon their own ambitions for tenure or simply extending their employment contracts for another semester.

It galls at times but there is hardly anything new in having to keep your views to yourself while preserving your own viability. Other forms of familiar prickery often come from employers, criminals, bullies, in laws and acquaintances where expressing your opposition to them would be counterproductive, costly or dangerous.

Pick your battles. It is a pleasant experience to find a professor who truely welcomes discourse but not the rule. Some are venal, gutless and abusive and one must gut it out and take the long term view if one doesn't want a dinged transcript.

That must be the same professor who asked the class if God existed and stood at the front waiting to find out. Remember him? God sent a Marine to knock his ass out for being an asshat.
Maybe it's the same professor.
Not only is voting your right, as a citizen it is your duty to your country, your fellow citizens, and your family to get out there and vote your conscience with solid thought.
Ah shit, I just breeched politics AND religion, fuck, I am SCREWED!

A wee part of me does come close to agreeing with the guy though. Look what happens when uneducated people vote that are led to believe what the neighborhood organizers tell them is the truth and change is good. I sincerely hope their ignorance has been educated for their stupidity has no cure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live by this philosophy in academia:

Is it unfortunate the professor displayed such immaturity and rudeness in his dialog? yes. Should this be brought to the attention of the dean? perhaps.

make sense?</div></div>
Could not agree with you more Cav.
I only have a couple of years of community college in an engineering degree before I had to drop out to run a family biz. I have helped some of the youngsters who are at SDSU and the local community colleges with reports and one grantee is to act like a whiny liberal and you will get a good grade. I have learned to fake sincerity.
smile.gif

I know our next group buy......

Pay off a random motorcycle gang to whip his ass. Insulting your wife AND a soldier, thats low class in any book!

I would email that to every one of his superiors.

The key to getting through college is writing papers that are in-line with the prof's ideals, not your own. I did it for 7 years... and have a 3.56GPA if, I had write papers according to my ideals I would have a significantly lower GPA, I'm sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
His reply was that only the rich and educated should be allowed to vote because they are the only ones who have the knowledge to make a good vote. </div></div>

FYI: That's more of a conservative ideal than a liberal one... I would venture that a lot of us on this very board would agree that there needs to be some sort of test in order to vote... Even if the test is just being able to spell your own name.

That Homo is beggin for the OJ Slash treatment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I need to vent!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000">Finally, I really don’t give a flying burrito what you take great offense to!!!! And framing it in that “I served 8 years of my life” is sick….you had a job!!!! You got paid, you got health benefits, and you signed up. It was a JOB!!!! You want a cookie, go look somewhere else.

Ultimately, Tiff, I really just don’t care. I’m going to get my credits, get my raise, and you just don’t matter.

Am I off my rocker or is this guy a F@*#&#$^N idiot!! </div></div>

How unprofessional!! This guy gets paid to teach or spew his own values?
This would be worthy of a complaint and I would take note of any following actions or comments ie date and time and what was sadi that he might comtinue on with if he decides to take recourse against a complaint!
He is a turd and obviously a p"""y for 1. hiding behind his position and 2. because I believe that strength intimidates him such as your wife which is why he is acting this way and hiding behind his position!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
His reply was that only the rich and educated should be allowed to vote because they are the only ones who have the knowledge to make a good vote. </div></div>

FYI: That's more of a conservative ideal than a liberal one... I would venture that a lot of us on this very board would agree that there needs to be some sort of test in order to vote... Even if the test is just being able to spell your own name. </div></div>

No, not really.

Look at it. Feiswein wants to make it illegal for citizens of kommiefornia to carry concealed yet she can and does because she is "smarter and better then the average American". They don't want anybody to posses weapons but them. It all makes perfect sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

FYI: That's more of a conservative ideal than a liberal one... I would venture that a lot of us on this very board would agree that there needs to be some sort of test in order to vote... Even if the test is just being able to spell your own name. </div></div>

No, not really.

Look at it. Feiswein wants to make it illegal for citizens of kommiefornia to carry concealed yet she can and does because she is "smarter and better then the average American". They don't want anybody to posses weapons but them. It all makes perfect sense. </div></div>

It may surprise you but it's likely that some conservatives and some liberals think this, while some conservatives and some liberals find the idea apalling.

Amongst many other political beliefs.

This is a prime example of why we need to take our buts to school and take over these idiot's jobs. Just one more guy that wants and expects his rights but doesnt have the guts to earn them.

Its not so much that I disagree with some sort of standards or aptitude test, if you will, in order to vote. It is just the guys attitude and arrogance. He obviously has never worked a real day in his life or had to go through any type of hardship, just judging from other things that he has commented about. It saddens me that people like this are our educators and it scares me because I have two little kids that will have to be taught by idiots like this, ya know.

I would tell him he really is not smart enough to "vote".
You know this because if he was smart enough to make it in the real world he would not be teaching Sociology in college.
Then tell him you stand behind " the definition of a situation....."