• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm an author, and need some accurate info . . .

Re: I'm an author, and need some accurate info . . .

Yup. That would be me.
smile.gif

In Georgia, all sides. In Nevada, nowhere.

It does have a ring to it!

I read your story and its pretty good. Not to rain on your parade at all but you said this shooting took place in a "starlit night". I know you want it to be a long range shot but without expensive night optics the shooter won't be able to see much past 100 yds , if that, with a cheap scope. I agree with a cheap .223 Savage or maybe a .22 magnum.

You sure you don't want the shooter to be some high paid hit-man doing a job for a disgruntled citizen?
smile.gif

That and...the lady must of been extremely far out in the country or the kid took his time in calling the police cause its was apparently mid morning by the time the medics arrived.

Did I read you correctly when you said you were thinking about having the guy throw the gun away? No sane person would do that..lol. Have it be a stolen gun and a box of ammo from a neighboring house or something.

I'm no author but I do love a "good" story and what makes a good story to me is attention to detail. AGAIN...I mean no disrespect.

B"H

I love what you had to say, Rebelyell. I didn't take any disrespect at all! I love it.

I'm thinking that she would have left a few lights on in the house, so when I get into the shooter's head (a while later), I will make sure to mention it. I am thinking, because everyone else has mentioned the 100 yrd. thing, that I will have to put the shooter near the neighbor's house, or hiding behind a neighbor's fence--which will be OK. I can use the ridge to throw of the police for a while
smile.gif

Yes, I was thinking of the guy hiding the gun, but in a very "Nevada" place--dropping it in a hotsprings vent up by Virginia City. The hotsprings come out of the ground at about 216F-220F, they are heavily sulfured, and they are very dangerous. No one would think to look there (I wouldn't be surprised if a few people have done that in history, btw.)

She's not that far out in the country, but she did lose consciousness for a long time. Who knows how long it was before her son called 911--or how long she was laying there on the stretcher (if you have ever ridden in an ambulance, you know it takes a long time, sometimes, before they leave the scene with you if you aren't in really critical condition.) However, I will add a detail (at your suggestion, BTW) from Charlie's perspective about how he waited a long time before he went out. Thanks!!

I like the "stealing of the gun and ammo" thing. I might just use that one!

Thanks!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> whatever decider,
mr sheen and i were there and witnessed no teabagging not to mention devgru and norris were still in virginia beach. i dunno which osama clone you were doubledippin but dolph lundgren had our overwatch from the little bird while marky mark took up the sks sniper rifle trigger on that camelpumper spillin his bucket like a dinty moore can.
just sayin,

as for the caliber and gun for yer book id go with a hi-point 9mm carbine with countersniper mildot from 2 blocks away ftw. </div></div>
this

Add my 2 cents into this. Since the shooter hates her, have her coming out of the house and the shooter aiming for a Gut shot so that she will suffer some before she dies. Have her either turn just abit or stumble and turn just as the shot goes. This way it will give you the reason for the glancing hip shot.

Do this in Elko. There is a hill that the shooter can shoot down from and at the bottom of the hill is two Hot Holes. One you can swim in and the other one is to hot to swim in. Both are fenced off.