• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm back b#tches!!

Elfster! Was just thinking of you yesterday and hoping (praying) things were going "ok" and that you'd made the change back to our old home. How are you?

Always nice to have your original name. So good for you. I am hoping you are doing well.

Welcome back buddy. What's your next "Challenge" thread going to be?

Welcome back buddy. What's your next "Challenge" thread going to be?

I'm actually running them right now on Facebook with a chance to win ammo for the winner across 4 different boards. Chance to win ammo 4 times! If you're on Facebook kick me a request to join the closed group and I'll get ya in. Just search elfers 100 300. Should be able to find it

I'm actually running them right now on Facebook with a chance to win ammo for the winner across 4 different boards. Chance to win ammo 4 times! If you're on Facebook kick me a request to join the closed group and I'll get ya in. Just search elfers 100 300. Should be able to find it

Thanks buddy. I have an acct but don't really understand the Facebook stuff. I'll see if my girlfriend can roll her eyes at me and help me figure it out.

Hows the recovery coming? You able to get behind a rifle yet?

Thanks buddy. I have an acct but don't really understand the Facebook stuff. I'll see if my girlfriend can roll her eyes at me and help me figure it out.

Hows the recovery coming? You able to get behind a rifle yet?

I have 10 proton treatments left and hopefully im done with all of this with a few follow up ct
and MRI scans. Hopefully I'll be behind a rifle in a month or so

Reactions: Mike_in_FL
I have 10 proton treatments left and hopefully im done with all of this with a few follow up ct
and MRI scans. Hopefully I'll be behind a rifle in a month or so

That's fantastic. By the time the weather is nice you'll be back at it. Although the next time you post an unbeatable 6x5 I'm going to call foul and say it's your new bionic spine :eek:
Seriously bro, we've missed you and have been pulling for you. It wouldn't have been a return to the real Hide without you onboard.

That's fantastic. By the time the weather is nice you'll be back at it. Although the next time you post an unbeatable 6x5 I'm going to call foul and say it's your new bionic spine :eek:
Seriously bro, we've missed you and have been pulling for you. It wouldn't have been a return to the real Hide without you onboard.

thanks everyone!! Soon to have this cancer BS behind me and I'll be behind a rifle soon! Just need to work on this PT and getting the strength back in my right arm with all of its
numbness quirks. I have faith.

Really pleased to see you up and running again.

As a two-time Lymphoma survivor since 1997, I still consider myself in remission, rather than cured. After the second time, I keep my expectations on the more conservative side.

Just understand that somebody else understands you, and is pulling hard for you.

So go kick that crab's ass good and hard!

Getting back to your original condition is the key, and there's nothing wrong with taking it as far as it will go. I took my first recovery as a wake-up call to find my peak condition, as close as possible to the day I graduated Boot Camp. It's probably what saved my butt when I came down with that second cancer (which was a different cancer, not a recurrence of the first).

I've been in the Bullseye four times at least so far ('Nam, Mixed Cell Lymphoma, Hodgkin's' Lymphoma, Heart Attack). You get used to it, and after a few times, nothing scares you anymore. Be hard, stay hard.

Greg

Last edited:
Really pleased to see you up and running again.

As a two-time Lymphoma survivor since 1997, I still consider myself in remission, rather than cured. After the second time, I keep my expectations on the more conservative side.

Just understand that somebody else understands you, and is pulling hard for you.

So go kick that crab's ass good and hard!

Getting back to your original condition is the key, and there's nothing wrong with taking it as far as it will go. I took my first recovery as a wake-up call to find my peak condition, as close as possible to the day I graduated Boot Camp. It's probably what saved my butt when I came down with that second cancer (which was a different cancer, not a recurrence of the first).

I've been in the Bullseye four times at least so far ('Nam, Mixed Cell Lymphoma, Hodgkin's' Lymphoma, Heart Attack). You get used to it, and after a few times, nothing scares you anymore. Be hard, stay hard.

Greg

wow, well said and im sending prayers your way as i speak... you're 100% right.. you start a 2nd chapter to your life and you change your entire daily routine...... especially the way you EAT.. and i also think you're right! are you truly 100% cured!? im not kidding myself and i know this will be a battle to the day i kick it... one thing is for damn sure, we all end up in the same place.. sad but true and it's all about time...

i actually had a doctor say to me once, that we all have cancer, it is how our own body defends ourselves from that cancer is what makes the difference.. some have no issues even if they smoke and stuff their face with MC D's ( more genetic ? your surroundings ? stress ? many questions to consider...),,,, but it makes you more prone to getting cancer if you do the above... IMO you truly are what you eat... life style, attitude, how you eat, and you would be amazed how stress in your life makes the difference.

i couldn't say it any better than what greg said above, thanks bud :)

Last edited:
My case is not average. My Cancer came from Agent Orange exposure, (as, believe it or not, so did the Ischemic Heart Disease). As the Oncologist explained, with Agent Orange, you get a lifetime dose of carcinogen. So you're always preparing for the next one, whether it comes sooner, later, or never. For example, at 6' 5", I maintain a healthy weight of 175lb, and stay as active as my heart allows.

It's a different way to live one's life, but it's not really such a bad one. If others can learn from me, so much the better.

Nutrition doesn't really fight cancer directly. Instead, it fuels the body's natural processes, which screen and eradicate bodily system processing failures, and buttress the success of those which are essential. These systems keep track of the many cells we carry within us. In fact, less than half of those cells are actually human. The body produces many, many antibodies which engulf pathogens and route them toward elimination. But others separate good dead cells (food) from bad ones (toxins), and they do many other things that are only beginning to make sense. Some of those bad cells are cancers, and in large part it is the body's own immune system that carries the bulk of the load of interior cancer combat. So keeping the rest of the body fit and effective is another essential tool in the cancer battle. Its always going on, and the absence of a cancer diagnosis is really a report card on the body's standard of immunological health.

Cancer is a condition that affects cell replication. In some ways it mimics extreme aging, where the tags that are at the ends of the DNA strand keep breaking off with each cycle of replication. Basically it's about the punctuation mark at the end of the DNA's sentence structure. When they are all gone, the sentence no longer translates intact, and cell replication fails; sometimes with no replication, sometimes with bad replication.

So in that respect, your Doctor is basically correct, we all carry the origin of our own cancers within us, and this is why cancer becomes much more (as we live longer and longer) a disease of the aged. Essentially, we die of cancer because the other diseases that would have masked its emergence are no longer at work on us.

Cancer in younger folks is often the consequence of environmental diseases that corrupt the cell's replication mechanism; as with Agent Orange. Other chemicals, like Trichloroethane (and polychlorinated biphenyls like Agent Orange), as well as some plant and insect poisons do similar. In the case of Agent orange, the chemical factor is Dioxin. Dioxin should not be present in Agent Orange, but during wartime, the fractional distillation cracking process was rushed, creating higher temperatures that also spawned Dioxin.

The most promising work toward cancer eradication is being done in conjunction with studies about the aging process in people who live to advanced ages. Those punctuation marks are duplicated in each strand of DNA, and their number varies with each person. Some have more. There is also evidence that the body has a mechanism which can preserve and/or replicate them, thus extending the longevity of the individual cells. Think of it as topping off the magazine with a few more rounds.

So have faith, there's hope, and there's also the resolve to stay hard.

Greg

Last edited:
My case is not average. My Cancer came from Agent Orange exposure, (as, believe it or not, so did the Ischemic Heart Disease). As the Oncologist explained, with Agent Orange, you get a lifetime dose of carcinogen. So you're always preparing for the next one, whether it comes sooner, later, or never. For example, at 6' 5", I maintain a healthy weight of 175lb, and stay as active as my heart allows.

It's a different way to live one's life, but it's not really such a bad one. If others can learn from me, so much the better.

Nutrition doesn't really fight cancer directly. Instead, it fuels the body's natural processes, which screen and eradicate bodily system processing failures, and buttress the success of those which are essential. These systems keep track of the many cells we carry within us. In fact, less than half of those cells are actually human. The body produces many, many antibodies which engulf pathogens and route them toward elimination. But others separate good dead cells (food) from bad ones (toxins), and they do many other things that are only beginning to make sense. Some of those bad cells are cancers, and in large part it is the body's own immune system that carries the bulk of the load of interior cancer combat. So keeping the rest of the body fit and effective is another essential tool in the cancer battle. Its always going on, and the absence of a cancer diagnosis is really a report card on the body's standard of immunological health.

Cancer is a condition that affects cell replication. In some ways it mimics extreme aging, where the tags that are at the ends of the DNA strand keep breaking off with each cycle of replication. Basically it's about the punctuation mark at the end of the DNA's sentence structure. When they are all gone, the sentence no longer translates intact, and cell replication fails; sometimes with no replication, sometimes with bad replication.

So in that respect, your Doctor is basically correct, we all carry the origin of our own cancers within us, and this is why cancer becomes much more (as we live longer and longer) a disease of the aged. Essentially, we die of cancer because the other diseases that would have masked its emergence are no longer at work on us.

Cancer in younger folks is often the consequence of environmental diseases that corrupt the cell's replication mechanism; as with Agent Orange. Other chemicals, like Trichloroethane (and polychlorinated biphenyls like Agent Orange), as well as some plant and insect poisons do similar. In the case of Agent orange, the chemical factor is Dioxin. Dioxin should not be present in Agent Orange, but during wartime, the fractional distillation cracking process was rushed, creating higher temperatures that also spawned Dioxin.

The most promising work toward cancer eradication is being done in conjunction with studies about the aging process in people who live to advanced ages. Those punctuation marks are duplicated in each strand of DNA, and their number varies with each person. Some have more. There is also evidence that the body has a mechanism which can preserve and/or replicate them, thus extending the longevity of the individual cells. Think of it as topping off the magazine with a few more rounds.

So have faith, there's hope, and there's also the resolve to stay hard.

Greg

Wow, amazing post! Thanks for that! :)

Good luck Elfster... been following your journey. Stay strong and positive and you will prevail!!!

Good luck Elfster... been following your journey. Stay strong and positive and you will prevail!!!

thanks man! yeah, i got 5 treatments left after today! and they say the last 5 proton treatments are the worst ;(

the back of my neck is red, blistering, and bleeding in some areas.... 5 left and can NOT wait to get this shit over with! after 11 proton treatments, 1 main surgery that lasted 10 hours, 2nd surgery to fuse the front of my neck, and then 28 proton treatments after all that = im ready to get back to my roots of reloading and shooting my rifles! :)

Was just thinking about you the other day elfster1234 . My sister finished her last proton treatment on Friday. Keep your head up and drive on! Looking forward to more of your shooting/reloading vids.

Was just thinking about you the other day elfster1234 . My sister finished her last proton treatment on Friday. Keep your head up and drive on! Looking forward to more of your shooting/reloading vids.

Thanks! I'm waiting to do a treatment as we speak in the lobby on my iPhone:) 4 left after today! 3 next week and then I'm moving on with my life!