• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm Changing stocks, Need advice??....

SpentBrass

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2014
AZ
Ok pretty simple Question and I hope this is in the right section. I have a Savage 110 BA chambered in .338 LM That I want to customize, firstly I want to get a different stock, trigger scope base etc. So I would love to hear some opinions on good stocks for the 110 BA, I will have it bedded and all the goodies when I can decide on a stock. So all you big bore shooters whats your suggestions? Oh as for use of the rifle it is mostly ELR at the moment and will use for long range (+400 yards) hunting occasionally i.e Elk, speed goat (Pronghorn).

Thanks in advance for any help in my indecisive quest to improve on my 110 BA

So you are looking at a stock not a chassis correct? If so, MacMillan and manners are going to be your main options. While not the only stocks on the market they are the only two that long range competitors utilize. That having been said, neither makes a crappy stock. What is your budget? Also extended long range (ELR) usually denotes past 1000 yards. Do you plan on shooting out that far? If not I'm pretty sure you could strap a 338 to a board and put up group at 400 yards.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So you are looking at a stock not a chassis correct? If so, MacMillan and manners are going to be your main options. While not the only stocks on the market they are the only two that long range competitors utilize. That having been said, neither makes a crappy stock. What is your budget? Also extended long range (ELR) usually denotes past 1000 yards. Do you plan on shooting out that far? If not I'm pretty sure you could strap a 338 to a board and put up group at 400 yards.

I am currently shooting at 1000-1200y on a regular basis im looking for all ideas, the stock/chassis is going to be mainly for ELR and the occasional long range hunt. Budget is sort of flexible depending on my accountant's (AKA Wife's) mood when I start hinting for more gun money :cool: And +1 on the board comment, I am looking for a more sleek functional stock/Chassis for performance. I plan on taking the barrel and action and finding a new home for it along with new trigger ect.

XLR chassis in the flavor of your choice (folder, carbon fiber, etc). They work great, save you the headache of bedding, bottom metal, etc. and the CDI factor is there.

Would these "boards" be tactical or competition? LOL
The comment made me laugh hard this morning but I agree.
Maybe there is a market...

Definitely was referring to the video above. While I don't have a ton of experience shooting at that range, either a chassis system like xlr or mcree or a stock with a mini chassis would work amazingly. Your best bet is to get behind some of those. For what it's worth you might check out the precision rifle blog for more info