• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm done with MidwayUSA

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    For the third time this year alone I've received a shipment from them that got jacked up in shipping because of insufficient packaging. This is the second time this year they have been dies. Both time they tossed them in a bubble mailer and sent them on their way, this time it was set of redding competition dies that I needed functional to load some test rounds for this weekend.

When I received the dies the seater and the neck dies were both out of the box banging around in the bubble mailer. It jacked the threads up, the micrometer, and the plunger on the bottom of the seater so much that it won't even push up in the die like its supposed to. There is no excuse for this. To make it worse I ordered a less expensive set of dies from them a couple weeks back and what do you know, they stick them in a box... Same shipping method, and they make it here in one piece.

The lady at customer service has no care in the world, just "ship them back, we'll credit you for shipping and get out a new set once it's processed". Not a single fuck given that I'm now inconvenienced for the third time this year because of their negligence or that I needed these functioning today. So now I get to go out of my way to get a box to ship them back, print a shipping label, and drop it off at the post office. When I asked about making it right she put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back to inform me they would give me $5 in midway money for my hours of inconvenience, and would give me a $10 credit for return shipping up front which isn't even enough to cover return shipping let alone insurance.

If I wanted a new set sent out I would have to pay for them out of pocket, plus shipping again according to her. They don't care about the fact I keep coming back to them after all the fuck ups, that I've spent an ungodly amount of money with them, or that I have 6 credit cards on file with them. That is fucking horse shit and just shotty customer service. I have spent far less money with brownells, and have no credit cards on file and they gladly made an exception to send out a replacement product along with a shipping label when something wasn't right, all I did was ask.

Well fuck you Larry, I am done with your companies crap. I hope these dies make it up the ass of the jack wagon in charge of the shipping department that lets this shit happen.

Last edited:
    But they just sent my a happy birthday email...:)
    I hate when they act like it's no big deal to return shit, it's a pain in the ass and could be easily prevented.

What is even more frustrating is how Midway overcharges for their shipping. Have you seen how much they charge for shipping? Much more than my own personal UPS account, and I ship infrequently through my Ebay sales.

Sorry to hear about your experience brother.

Let me guess, it was in a box 18 times larger than needed with $10 worth of random bubble wrap loosely flying around it?

I've been done with them for a while due to their retarded shipping prices and 'small order' fee. If you do find things cheaper there, the shipping kills it as it seems to be a set % of price, not what actually is being shipped.

Select their cheapest shipping and it takes 10 days to get to Utah or pay almost 3x the amount for something within a week. Fuck that. I would understand if when I paid 20$ for shipping it cost something near that, but when I pay $20 and get a box with $8 shipping on it, fuck you.

Their ridiculously low limits on almost everything (especially powder/primers) is a mega deal breaker. Limit 1 to any powder or primer. Great. So now besides raping me on shipping, you want me to pay an additional $35 for 1 pound of powder? Fuck you.

Need a single item? Can usually get it from ebay, shipping included, cheaper than midway.

Larger order can almost always be had cheaper from Sinclair or various other places depending on what it is.

I don't even bother to look at them anymore, and thats the way it is!

Last edited:
    I emailed their customer service department with a link to this thread and have asked them to forward it to supervisors. Maybe they'll realize their customers aren't going to stick around if they don't give a fuck about them.

I'm sending the dies back Monday along with a nice letter demanding my money refunded in full plus actual shipping charges. I've already back ordered the same set from brownells, I'll wait for them before I give these assholes my business anymore.

I emailed their customer service department with a link to this thread and have asked them to forward it to supervisors. Maybe they'll realize their customers aren't going to stick around if they don't give a fuck about them.

I'm sending the dies back Monday along with a nice letter demanding my money refunded in full plus actual shipping charges. I've already back ordered the same set from brownells, I'll wait for them before I give these assholes my business anymore.

There was a LOOOOONG 'fuck Midway' thread on the other site, maybe 2 weeks ago for the exact same reasons already mentioned in this thread.

I didn't see it, if you can, link it in this thread so they can see it too. Maybe we should link it on their facebook page every hour too.

I'm not a paying member, so my search is limited. I don't think you can search GD over there.

They come up from time to time though. I doubt it'll be the last.

When I get 22 LR ammo from them and buy their box of 50 with a limit of ten boxes *special*, it comes in a box big enough for 4 bricks and in the bottom of the box are 10 boxes of 22 in plastic (cci) boxes topped with some air pillows....

And guess what happens to those plastic boxes when UPS gets done with them? Every single shipment I have received some of the plastic boxes have been shattered and loose 22's are rattling all over the box. Pisses me off.

I agree, Midway packing and shipping really stinks.

Powder takes 4 months to get... Seriously, 4 MONTHS and it is dropped shipped by the manufacturer. Absurd.

They do have quick shipping, but doesn't matter if it is useless when you get it. I went thru the exchange process and it screwed up. I also got double charged. By the end of the process I could have bought a much nicer version of the product with all the shipping back and forth. I am doing more w/Brownells also. I have not completely written off midway yet, But feed back like this makes me compare products and prices b/t the too more closely. Thanks.

I just received this email from them regarding my email. I mentioned no reference to what I ordered so the rep obviously read the thread. They're listening but hopefully it doesn't fall on deaf ears. This is the email I received from them, I hope nobody minds that I changed my name in the beginning to my alias:

Dear Dr.Dangles,
    Thank you for your recent email regarding your previous experiences with MidwayUSA. I can understand where you would be frustrated with the services that you previously received. I can also understand the frustration of receiving an expensive die set damaged in the mail. I know that MidwayUSA will rightfully own up to any mistake that we make, and will do everything in our power to justify the person wronged. I am forwarding this on to my supervisory staff who will review this and take future action.
    If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected].*
    Thanks for Your Business!
    Jared Knerr
    MidwayUSA Customer Service

Yeah I've turned to be a loyal brownells customer for the small parts. I hated getting hit with a $2-$3 fee for having an oder too small, which is bs for what they charge in shipping. If I got my orders super fast like they claim that might be a different story, the last 2 orders didn't ship for at least 3 days.

Well put ammunitiondepot on your list too.

I ordered some magazines and ammo cans on Monday. Wednesday I get an email saying I need to send them my IL FOID card(which is only required for ammo and firearms). I call them and the rep tells me that with all the new laws being passed they just want to cover all the bases. I asked him if he was aware that currently there is no law requiring them to have it or me to give it. He says yes then repeats the CYA BS line. I told him I'm not giving it and asked him when it would ship. He tells me he has to check with their legal department and he would call me back.

I told him not to bother, just cancel my order and tell your legal department they can effing blow me. Why don't they just close the business with BS like that. Problem is most morons will put up with that shit..

Last edited:
    Oh I was done with Midway when they did away with making a purchase as a guest. Now you have to register for an account to buy anything. I told the rep to tell Larry to piss off.

I put a lot of blame on the shipping company. Sometimes it looks like they played kick ball with my package.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the "supervisor" won't give any more of a rats a$$ than the original cs rep, having gone that route myself after they shipped me a product that didn't match the description on their website. They wanted me to return it on my dime... While I was finally able to negotiate a barely acceptable resolution to my issue (actually ended up with my third choice in that regard) even then the "supervisor" handling my issue felt compelled to point out that this was a one-time accommodation and wanted to make sure I understood what they would expect of me the next time such a situation arose... She just couldn't seem to grasp the concept that I had a choice as to whether there would be a next time... and there most definitely WON"T!

As for Larry's "I want to know how we're doing..." He didn't seem to want to know badly enough to have someone acknowledge my emails. At least it seems they've removed that piece of hypocrisy from the homepage.

Last edited:
    All of the above is why I prefer to do my reloading needs business with Graf & Sons, one price flat rate shipping, and less bull sniffle.

I use Midway USA now only as a vendor of last resort....IMHO and YMMV

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the "supervisor" won't give any more of a rats a$$ than the original cs rep...
    This^^

Seek out Larry's personal phone number and home address and then go that route to let him know what's up...

I've had F'd up orders from Midway too, Pmags arrived with broken dust covers because of bad packaging in the end it wasn't worth the BS to replace them...

Why don't we have a group hug followed by a rally which leads to an "occupy midway" event where we all sit around in our hemp clothes and drink vente half calf soy latte macchiatos?

300 of the 500 rounds of ammo I last ordered from them where just floating around the box. Thankfully it was just .22lr. I just used it for plinking and kept my mouth shut, until now that is...

I put a lot of blame on the shipping company. Sometimes it looks like they played kick ball with my package.

Common sense should tell them that heavy chunks of metal in a plastic box with a shitty latch that is prone to popping open from a simple drop should be packaged well. At the very least a piece of tape to keep it closed, not tossed in a bubble mailer and sent out the door.

300 of the 500 rounds of ammo I last ordered from them where just floating around the box. Thankfully it was just .22lr. I just used it for plinking and kept my mouth shut, until now that is...

One of the other packaging mishaps from this year I ordered a soft shotgun case, several choke tubes, and a brick of 22. This was tossed in a box that was twice the size it should have been with one of the green air bag things (was that supposed to be a cruel joke). You can imagine that wasn't going to survive. When I got home the day I received it the first thing I noticed was a trail of 22 round down the driveway, when I got to the door there is a box that's half crushed in because of the airspace with a corner torn open. Upon opening it my choke tubes were all out of the packaging and 22 rounds were everywhere, not a single fucking round still in the box. Luckily the expensive choke tubes didn't fall out of the gaping hole in the corner. Midway wanted me to count all these rounds and let them know an exact quantity missed, I told the CS rep to go fuck himself. There was no way I was taking my time to count several hundred rounds, I said credit me for the whole brick, send me a label so you can count them, or I'll dispute the charge. They took the credit option.

I couldn't believe that dildo when he asked me to count the fucking rounds.

Why don't we have a group hug followed by a rally which leads to an "occupy midway" event where we all sit around in our hemp clothes and drink vente half calf soy latte macchiatos?

I was thinking tea and krumpets. If you're going to make it gay, might as well make it flaming.

ive ordered an insane amount of products from midwayusa and have never had a problem... if anything, I order too much from them and should really cut back. big fan of midwayusa

Sounds to me like they are hiring actual morons in the shipping department? Packing a box of feathers requires a different strategy than cartridges. A rubber band or a piece of scotch tape securing the end flaps might solve everybody's problem. You know, like bullets. They all have a paper seal so they don't pop open in transit.

I got about $300 worth of ammo from Midway a couple months ago. Not sticking up for Midway, but. It was shipped promptly and arrived without any issues. Whoever packed it did an adequate job although I hear ya on the pillows and the oversized boxes. In fact, on a different item, a cleaning rod; (not kidding) the box was over four foot long by sixteen inches wide by four inches thick, I thought it was an ironing board, at first! BB

Good to know. Fuck them if they don't care. I've ordered from them before, and they have used that same shitty bubble wrap envelope crap, but not with anything that can really be damaged. I won't be ordering from them anymore. Thanks for the warning.

I use midway as a last resort after I ordered a Nightforce scope and several other things a few years back and after 14 days it still wasn't at my house which is about 2 1/2 hours from Midway's warehouse. It got lost in shipping and I called them to see if they could help find it or do anything about it. I got a similar response/attitude as the op, they said it had to be 30 days or some shit before they did anything about it. I found out what vendor to order from on the hide and ordered the scope from eurooptic and I had to reorder the other stuff from Midway since they were the only one with the stuff in stock. I shipped the package back when it finally arrived.

Damn, some bad experiences on here. I've had good luck with midway. A lot of orders totaling thousands of dollars, with no real issues. Only one I had was when I got a .338 RUM die in a .338 LM set, but even then, the resolution was good as they promptly shipped me a new die and told me to keep the other one.

I have issues with Midway, and I get a better deal from Brownell's so I just order from them now..

Aside from their stupid shipping costs, and the 1% of orders shipped same day, I've never had a problem with midway.
    I had an order once including an AR15 lower parts kit that was missing a few pieces, Midway was helpful on the phone and sent me an entirely new LPK, allowing me to keep the parts in the original.
    No clue how much Ive spent with them, but atleast 4 big orders per year over the past 12 years or so.

I was done with Midway about nine years ago after making one order. It was a partial ship due to back-order (which I was not informed), but still had to pay ripoff shipping / handling charges x2 for the original order and back-order. Regarding packaging, it was so pathetic a 1911 sear spring was bent beyond use.

I'm done with MidwayUSA

Never had an issue...but order enough times and something is bound to go sideways. I did have an order a few months back and the box was HUGE, way bigger than necessary, with a ton of shipping air bags. Seemed wasteful to me, but whatever...

Option for using USPS Flat Rate boxes would be nice, though...both in terms of cost and appropriate sizing.

Bought an upper reciever from then a while back along with some other parts and when I got it there was a huge ding in the upper. They just threw the upper along with the other parts in a white bubble wrap envelope. Terrible packing on their part!

I'll add a positive history with Midway. I probably place a couple orders per month and have done so for the last 20 years. Not one problem. Ever.

I guess it's just the three of us in here.

ive ordered an insane amount of products from midwayusa and have never had a problem... if anything, I order too much from them and should really cut back. big fan of midwayusa

I'll add a positive history with Midway. I probably place a couple orders per month and have done so for the last 20 years. Not one problem. Ever.

Brownells is the main place I go to for whatever I need and if they don't have it, I just google it and buy where I can. For some reason, i think I've only ordered once from Midway years ago and don't remember an issue but after reading the above, I'll pass, I hate ordering shit and having to return it,

Not surprised. Midway used to be one of the first places I would look for things, however their current shipping prices and practices have made them all but desirable to buy anything from these days.

I gave up going to Midway when they ripped off Triad Tactical's wedge rear bag, and cut and pasted the exact verbiage from Triad's site to sell their Chinese knock-off. All to save a couple bucks instead of buying from a small business using Made in USA products. There are plenty of other places to go for commodity items besides Midway.

I haven't had any issues with shipping damage or returns. However, I also got their letter last week about how they are no longer offering dealer pricing for FFL holders and they try to make it sound like they're doing us a favor by this, because now we can take advantage of the coupons and sales, where you couldn't before. Big frickin' deal. However, since their prices have been so high for the last few years I haven't been shopping with them anyway. I can find everything they have from other vendors and sometimes more and for cheaper. Usually a LOT cheaper. They priced themselves out of my business a long time ago. It's too bad that so many people are just finally starting to realize this.

+1, my thoughts exactly

Dealer Information

Neither like nor dislike Midway - have done a shit load of business as a dealer and never had any major problems. Sometimes they are the only show in town on some items.

However, this new policy smacks me the wrong way, I just don't buy their justification. This will push me further over to Graf&Sons ALWAYS cheaper price on like items, realistic shipping price and no .22s flopping loose in a 1'X1'X1' box.

I have also had several poor experiences with midway as of late, I gripes me when I pay someone for service and it's not done or better yet done half assed. Sad to say but it seems typical now days

Hey, Put your gripes on Facebook, more people will see it and maybe Larry will do something about it, maybe I said. Or, I could do a little coping and pasting and do it for you?

Oh, I just got my Midway order yesterday it was in perfect condition, the Ultra Micrometer seater from Brownels was also in perfect condition.

I used to shop at Midway thinking they had the cheapest reloading components and cleaning supplies. But, I compared exact products like Sierra and Hornady bullets and Brownells is noticeably cheaper. Midway burnt me when they had everything in stock at the time of my order, then one or two products would be back-ordered so they would charge me multiple shipping charges. I don't recommend shopping with Midway neither and their customer service is far lower than many others. Send your money where it is welcome and appreciated.