• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm making my own range, yesterday I made a nice (I think) raised 8x8 shooting platform.

View from my shooting bench on my 100yrd range. The berm is 10ft high and 30ft wide in a u shape for up close pistol work.

Good work on the raised platform! Cross braces are key when you get off the ground.

Last edited:
Nice platform. +25 on the bracing ideas and the Shade Option. I am a little surprised that you placed the deck boards touching each other. When you build a deck, you should always have about 1/8" between the boards, so that as they expand and contract with moisture changes, they will not buckle on each other.....
Other than that, very nice job.

Looks pretty slick. Just tonight I slipped over to the lumber yard and picked up lumber to build mine. 10'x10' with bottom and top deck. Running 2x12's 4' up the bottom and 2' from the top to provide shade. Also will run some camo netting for early morning and late evening. Will have railing on the top as well as a tractor umbrella or similar for quick shade. Should turn out slick. ***Railing is for my kids as this will double as a zip line platform. Wife thinks it's a great safe idea!!! Everybody wins.

IMG_20140712_171158_183.jpg Finishing the skirting and lower deck today.
IMG95201407129518093395583.jpg From the top deck.

Buy the time this is complete with top side railing and kid safe stairs I am knocking on $2,000. (Materials purchased from local Meade Lumber, no immediate Mernards or Home Depot)

Need to finish up interior reinforcement and a rear shelf.

IMG_4294.jpgIMG_4296.jpg