• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors I'm no suppressor fanatic but WOW TBAC

Mojo0254

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2014
So I just don't usually have the types of funds to buy suppressors and generally would rather buy ammo than a bunch of suppressors. As I get ready to build my precision rifle I felt I wanted a suppressor for it specifically. After a ton of research the majority of the advice was, if it's for a precision rifle and you can find one there is no better option than TBAC. Well a member of the hide had two for sale and I felt I had to jump on the chance. Very shortly after doing so I discovered the recall notice and found out the serial number for the one I bought is part of the recall. Since my suppressor hasn't even been transferred to my local SOT I reached out to TBAC to find out the best way forward. I almost immediately received a response laying out three different options. Since then I have asked TBAC a few different questions and responses have always been very prompt. I haven't even done my Form 4 yet for this suppressor but the customer service with TBAC has been incredible. Like I said I don't have a ton of extra funds to keep increasing my suppressor inventory but if anyone ever asks me what they should get or if I ever get a second one TBAC will be the only option. The reputation on the quality is spectacular, the customer service is incredible and when they do find a quality such as the one for the recall they are quick and proactive to try and let everyone know and get them tested. TBAC is truly a company that strives to not just have a great product but a great customer experience and values their customers.

So I just don't usually have the types of funds to buy suppressors and generally would rather buy ammo than a bunch of suppressors. As I get ready to build my precision rifle I felt I wanted a suppressor for it specifically. After a ton of research the majority of the advice was, if it's for a precision rifle and you can find one there is no better option than TBAC. Well a member of the hide had two for sale and I felt I had to jump on the chance. Very shortly after doing so I discovered the recall notice and found out the serial number for the one I bought is part of the recall. Since my suppressor hasn't even been transferred to my local SOT I reached out to TBAC to find out the best way forward. I almost immediately received a response laying out three different options. Since then I have asked TBAC a few different questions and responses have always been very prompt. I haven't even done my Form 4 yet for this suppressor but the customer service with TBAC has been incredible. Like I said I don't have a ton of extra funds to keep increasing my suppressor inventory but if anyone ever asks me what they should get or if I ever get a second one TBAC will be the only option. The reputation on the quality is spectacular, the customer service is incredible and when they do find a quality such as the one for the recall they are quick and proactive to try and let everyone know and get them tested. TBAC is truly a company that strives to not just have a great product but a great customer experience and values their customers.
Agreed.

They pick up the damn phone when you call.

They are knowlegeable regarding the product they sell.

The product is very high quality.

Why me, you, and many other owners recommend them over other companies for bolt guns.

Some would refer to Thunderbeast as the gold standard for precision rifle.

I have one 30P-1 that’s a decade old and has been used very frequently and is still in tip top shape
Have an ultra 30 in jail. There’s a reason behind their great reputation.

Reactions: D_TROS and 260284
Buying and owning a can is a painful endeavor. Buying TBAC is insurance that it won't be any more painful than is necessary. Their products are also very high performance/quality. 338 Ultra is one of the most impressive pieces of kit I've ever encountered in the firearms industry (right up there with the Kowa 88 spotter).

Reactions: trob_205
Fortunately suppressor ownership and use is one of the few things our Government didn't fuck up when they changed our gun laws a couple of years ago.

We still buy them over the counter like a sling or scope and there are no restrictions on their use.

Good news for you is they are cheap to buy! Find yourself a 50% off cert in the PX, redeem it with TBAC for the can of your choice. Wait 6-8 months while they manufacture it and pay a little here and there before it ships.

Buying a can ten years ago when I did, it was a massive pain in the ass. Honestly, why I only had one. Then I learned how easy it is with the SilencerShop. Well, shit, there goes some money.
as easy as buying off of Amazon now.

While you wait for your Forms to clear, buy another... then another. It makes the wait even easier.

Reactions: 07SGT4623
Or pass them on to your kids if you are old like me.
There is another form your kids can fill out that allows them to still receive the suppressor if you pass. Yes a trust makes it easier but not necessary.

There is another form your kids can fill out that allows them to still receive the suppressor if you pass. Yes a trust makes it easier but not necessary.
If there is no trust, wouldn't they have to pay $200 per item for another stamp and fill out a Form 4 and wait again?

If there is no trust, wouldn't they have to pay $200 per item for another stamp and fill out a Form 4 and wait again?
Nope I can't remember the form number but it's free. Not sure how the wait would be though.

Nope I can't remember the form number but it's free. Not sure how the wait would be though.
Found it.

What do I need to do if my NFA items are listed in my name only(Individual), and not on a Trust?

1. You first want to include in your Will that all your NFA items will pass down to your stated heirs. This is where having a lawyer draft a Will comes into place. You need a Will anyways, so speak with your Attorney about including your NFA items in your Will.
  2. You will then need to speak with a reputable Class 3 Dealer(we can help you) who is knowledgeable in paperwork. Once you die, the NFA items will need to be transferred to the heirs of the Will. They will need to complete a Form 5 tax free application for each NFA item, and submit them to the ATF for approval. The Form 5 application is a tax free transfer. So, there will be no need to pay the $200 tax stamp for each NFA item again.
  3. You will need to have all your NFA items secured in a safe location with the address associated with the Form 4’s. They will need to be secured safely until the Form 5 paperwork is approved.
Once the Form 5 applications are approved, the heirs will be able to legally take possession.

General Info:

-Form 5 application is the tax free form that will transfer the NFA items over to the heirs in the Will.

-Form 5 approval turnaround times are approximately 30 days. Could vary though.

-The heirs in your Will are the ones that will be eligible to apply for the Form 5’s.

Summary: Even though your NFA items will transfer down to your family on a Form 5(tax free) application, we still recommend a Gun Trust. Having a Gun Trust will simplify the transfer process upon your death. It’s pretty straight forward with a Trust. Whoever is listed as the beneficiaries/Co-trustees, will be the ones who take sole possession of the NFA items without the need to go through the Will. However, even with having your NFA items in a Trust, your heirs(beneficiaries) will still have to submit the Form 5 tax free application.

Reactions: sandhiller
Found it.

What do I need to do if my NFA items are listed in my name only(Individual), and not on a Trust?

1. You first want to include in your Will that all your NFA items will pass down to your stated heirs. This is where having a lawyer draft a Will comes into place. You need a Will anyways, so speak with your Attorney about including your NFA items in your Will.
  2. You will then need to speak with a reputable Class 3 Dealer(we can help you) who is knowledgeable in paperwork. Once you die, the NFA items will need to be transferred to the heirs of the Will. They will need to complete a Form 5 tax free application for each NFA item, and submit them to the ATF for approval. The Form 5 application is a tax free transfer. So, there will be no need to pay the $200 tax stamp for each NFA item again.
  3. You will need to have all your NFA items secured in a safe location with the address associated with the Form 4’s. They will need to be secured safely until the Form 5 paperwork is approved.
Once the Form 5 applications are approved, the heirs will be able to legally take possession.

General Info:

-Form 5 application is the tax free form that will transfer the NFA items over to the heirs in the Will.

-Form 5 approval turnaround times are approximately 30 days. Could vary though.

-The heirs in your Will are the ones that will be eligible to apply for the Form 5’s.

Summary: Even though your NFA items will transfer down to your family on a Form 5(tax free) application, we still recommend a Gun Trust. Having a Gun Trust will simplify the transfer process upon your death. It’s pretty straight forward with a Trust. Whoever is listed as the beneficiaries/Co-trustees, will be the ones who take sole possession of the NFA items without the need to go through the Will. However, even with having your NFA items in a Trust, your heirs(beneficiaries) will still have to submit the Form 5 tax free application.

"Firearm is being transferred to a lawful heir..."

I managed to bugger some threads on one and they took care of me. Probably laughed at me a bit, but they were fast and very good to deal with!

Top notch service and product has been fantastic. You'll like yours OP, guaranteed!