• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm not the only one that wants good deals.

NorthernBorn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
Michigan
It has been brought up before but as far as I can tell... there hasn't been any resolution to it.

I know I'm not the only one that is sick of having all of the good accessories/parts bought up by guys that have EIGHT posts in the PX. Anytime some extremely useful piece of gear or some incredibly good deal comes up it's always gone within 20 minutes of posting to some guy who just made an account on this site and his only posts are in the PX asking if some other item is still for sale after it's labeled SPF.

I know that the sellers are going to have a problem with imposing the 100 post rule to buyers as well but that's what a vendor account and linking to their own pages is for.

Is there any way to institute this rule or are we gonna keep rolling with the excuse of "They're just starting out... We should support them!" as opposed to making sure they contribute in some way before they get some great piece of kit for cheap under the Pay It Forward ideology only for them to resell it for full value on some other site?

Re: I'm not the only one that wants good deals.

OP has a good point

although it's a good benefit for the hide sellers to sell their stuff quickly even if the buyer has only 8 bs posts, i think it's even more beneficial to have some exclusivity to the guys that have already "done their time" to get first dibs on stuff.

hiders dealing with hiders on both sides of the transaction

i'd support a 100 or even 50 post rule for buyers. even if the requirement was 50 posts.... shankster, boltripper, or VJJ would have them weeded out if newbies if those 50 posts were mostly BS anyway.

good suggestion NB

Seriously,

No, there is no way to impose a "buy" rule on people, basically what you guys are saying is new members don't exist until they reach 100 post but you want me to limit where and how they can post, forget the fact we get at least 50 new members day, you want them restricted.

Give it a break, if you miss a deal, wait a minute another will show up in a few short minutes.

This is not a for sale section if you like I can make it subscription based and you can pay me to view, that I can do very easily, charge you just to see it

At the risk of poking the bear in its den I will clarify my sentiment and what seems to be the sentiment of others.

We are not considering new members as useless or not existing until they reach that 100 post limit that is a requirement of those that wish to sell items in the PX. What we are proposing is a 100 post minimum limit until they have access to the PX in general. Both to buy and to sell.

Isn't there some type of script or program that will automatically grant access to members once they hit that 100 post limit? Until they reach that threshold the PX would appear the same as the LEO/Military Only forum or the Online Training forum to outside members that don't have the required permissions.

Honestly though... your threat of charging us just to see it isn't much of a threat. If it means the site gets a needed boost in funds to maintain or upgrade I would gladly pay a little cash to gain access to the PX. I was surprised that this site didn't have a type of "Gold" membership to begin with.

Dude... that's like going to a gun show for the first time and being told,

"I'm sorry you can't buy anything until you've been here at least 5 times."

Seriously, if you miss something for sale to f'n bad, life sucks sometimes... get a helmet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude... that's like going to a gun show for the first time and being told,

Seriously, if you miss something for sale to f'n bad, life sucks sometimes... get a helmet.
</div></div>

Hahaha You would've posted the opposite if Lowlight hadn't replied first. Guaranteed by the personally insulting "get a helmet" line. Go sit at the kiddy table while the adults talk. You have contributed absolutely nothing but comic relief.

Having recently bought a rifle that was listed on the site, I would argue against this rule. I am not trying to sell anything nor did I snatch the rifle I bought out from under anyone's nose.

I am grateful to Lowlight for the site and for the opportunity to bid on the rifle I bought.

Even if something like that was used then someone would find a reason to complain because they happened to be sleeping and wasn't notified when an item was posted for sale. Sometimes ya get lucky and be the first to see it and other times you missed it by seconds or days.

Spend the time to keep a close eye on the For Sale section if you want something, checking in occasionally and hoping to snatch up something cheap is like buying one lottery ticket and hoping to win.

Topstrap

I have benifitted greatly from this site, both in gear and knowledge. Not to mention I have sold lots of stuff aswell. Lets not F it up with bitching and moaning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorthernBorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude... that's like going to a gun show for the first time and being told,

</div></div>

Hahaha You would've posted the opposite if Lowlight hadn't replied first. Guaranteed by the personally insulting "get a helmet" line. Go sit at the kiddy table while the adults talk. You have contributed absolutely nothing but comic relief. </div></div>

Let's make it 2000 posts before you can buy anything then... I'm not the one stomping my feet and whining about missing a good deal at what amounts to a flea market.

Come back and talk to me once you have contributed more then 300 posts... I'm laughing at you bitching about people not having a bunch of posts when you haven't hit a grand...

This guy is on to something. We should only allow the sale section to be open from 6pm to 8pm EST. I for one am tired of these jokers from around the world scooping up the deals. I also propose a ban on all smartphone users. No one should be able to post "I'll take it" while on the toilet at 5am. Our rural members without high-speed internet should get a 10min handicap as well. Any retired/unemployed members with extra time to browse the sale section should be banned for an unfair advantage. This includes employed members who spend a large amount of time on a computer. I work construction outside and I'm obviously at a huge disadvantage. I look forward to the new rules!!!!!.............

My second post on this site was for a purchase of a scope. I was never a contributor but an active lurker soaking up all the information the site has to offer. I prefer to stay out of the pissing matches since I'm easy to back down when it comes to this type of information.

I'm worthless. And yet I buy.

I think Frank should rename this forum "Whiner's Hide".

Fuck me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorthernBorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude... that's like going to a gun show for the first time and being told,

</div></div>

Hahaha You would've posted the opposite if Lowlight hadn't replied first. Guaranteed by the personally insulting "get a helmet" line. Go sit at the kiddy table while the adults talk. You have contributed absolutely nothing but comic relief. </div></div>

"Comic relief" is you kicking the dirt and arguing about a called third strike after the umpire very patiently explained it to you.

Fuck it. The PX is closed except for when I'm looking through it. Are you happy you bitched now???