• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm old, but still doin' OK....

fpdsniper

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
We had tactical team firearms training today. 95 degree's and humid. Yesterday was my 50th birthday. (50??? How in the hell did this happen??)

After running the drills for all the young studs on the tactical team, we had a "Walk of Shame" competition at the end. There was 11 team members on the line and one open spot. I told the other two firearms instructors that I would jump into the open slot, and compete with the guys. Yep, this old man took 1st place.
smile.gif
It's a very nice feeling to have the 20 something buff, in shape guys come up and shake my hand and say "nice shooting Lieutenant". I think I've still got a couple years left in me on the team.
smile.gif

Donnie

Re: I'm old, but still doin' OK....

I am 49 and feel good. I weigh about what I did when I got out of high school. I think that if you are not an exercise-kind-of-guy, keeping the weight in check through diet is the key to feeling good as middleage hits.

When I was in my early 20's, I started shooting with some guys older than me. They were big fellas and ate indiscriminately. I remember one of them saying he had diabetes. He told me that is what I had to look forward to when I hit my 40's. None for me, thanks.

Keep the weight off and use a bit of moderation in your diet.

david

I'm only 40 but I know how it feels to hang with the youngsters...it feels damn good. I surprised a number of booters running through the burn building for every evolution when quite few of them were done after two or three.

Congrats to you for still getting it done!

Well, I'm 46, and missing enough parts to build a cyborg, but I can still shoot. That's good, cause I ain't gonna run.

Thats great I am 54 and one foot in the grave too many cycle wrecks and other things been broke. I am always happy to see older people still in great shape. I am just not one of them I was crushed in a pipeline cave in on the north slope at 19 years old. We all get what we get in life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this should post in the greybeard forum............... </div></div>

Or the senior citizen forum.........…LOL.

Speak for yourselves

wait a minute what was I talkin about

54 in about 2 months. No where near the condition you are in, but I am slowly working out with the younger guys (30's) and feeling better all the time. I take the stairs at work and what was hard a couple of weeks ago gets easier each day.

Trying to get in good enough shape to do an elk hunt next year. Keep up the good work to all.