• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMI Match grade brass

gray1974

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2011
West TN
I came across some IMI match grade brass in 308 Win at a fairly good deal so I picked them up. Anyone had any dealings with this brass? Kinda late to ask now but I would like to know what to expect.

Re: IMI Match grade brass

IMI is supposed to be pretty good stuff from what I hear.

Agree with all the above. The only possible negative is that, like LC, it's not the most consistent brass in the world in terms of things like neck wall thickness, etc. And also like LC, I've seen some good lots and some bad lots in that department. But unless you're really pushing the envelope, this shouldn't be that big of a deal.

IMI Match I used in years past was wonderful brass, shot as well as Lapua and lasted for many reloads.

Case capacity was less then Lapau, needed roughly 0.5 gr less powder in IMI Match for same velocity then needed with Lapua.