• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cp3head

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have the opportunity to acquire a imi uzi b, with 16 inch barrel. Anybody have one? Any input? Should I make the plunge for a "fun gun"? Thanks for any input in advance.

Re: imi uzi b

Hello CP3head

I have owned both Full auto and semi auto UZI's. In full auto they are cheap to shoot and maintain and shoot pretty well also. But in Semi auto there just a super large and heavy handgun like carbine with a 16 inch barrel. Not much fun!

Just my 2C worth.

MP5 is giving sage advice. I could think of better guns to spend my money on than a semi auto 16" Uzi.

Thank you both for the input. Would you suggest something more like the beretta cx4 then? Or what?

A full size UZI without a happy switch?
I'd pass.

Hope this helps,
Trilogymac

Buy a decent 9mm pistol and pass on the semi auto UZI unless you want a 10 lb wonder that fires the same 9mm round.

I form 1 converted a "B" model to select fire prior to 1986 when the ban went into effect. The Uzi was just OK IMHO. Fun to shoot full auto but that is about it. Its a close range sub gun. In semi only its an overly heavy 9mm carbine that excels at nothing. Mine was hit & miss for reliability and liked hot ball ammo. 25 round mags ran fine but 32's were never reliable and Israeli surplus mags were beat to hell and new ones were expensive.

Hello CP3head

I have owned both Full auto and semi auto UZI's. In full auto they are cheap to shoot and maintain and shoot pretty well also. But in Semi auto there just a super large and heavy handgun like carbine with a 16 inch barrel. Not much fun!

Just my 2C worth.

I've had them and admit its cool to own a UZI but I agree with MP5.
A Glock 17 with 17 or 33 round magazine is comparable and a more effective weapon. It's just that a UZI is a much more recognizable military firearm and some will oooo and ahhh when they hear the name.