• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact 737r firing pin spring weight?

ormandj

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
TX
What weight firing pin spring is in the 737r action? It feels like it's lighter than 24lbs, and I've seen various posts indicating various spring weights from 18-24lbs, so I wanted to see if anybody had the actual spring weight. I haven't been able to get them on the phone, so wasn't able to check with the source.

Either could I and I called them over 8 times in a period of 3 weeks...
Worst customer service I have ever come across in the industry

Mike R.

Try emailing instead. Any time I’ve needed something Tate has responded within 5 minutes. From my experience, his customer service is outstanding. Last year he even shipped me parts at midnight the night before the PRS Finale.

Reactions: tnc and hic28
That was my old experience, I used to get them on the phone with a call every time. I can try via email, but email isn’t my preference for most things; discussions become ping pong. The whole market is so busy thing has gotten tiring.

For what it’s worth, my intent was just to get a firing pin spring weight, not become commentary on CS. I’ve never had a problem with the 737rs and hopefully do not. I just wanted to point out I had tried first before posting.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
You got it twisted not butt hurt partner...

Mike R
I haven't got it twisted or otherwise.
I was interested to know why he said you got butt-hurt.
Anyhow, it seems to me a bit rough to state that Impact Precision have the worst customer service in the country.
An extreme statement which savours strongly of bitterness.

I just want to know the firing pin spring weight…
You might try contacting one of the trigger manufacturers like trigger tech. I'd imagine they would or should know. As I understand it, the trigger pressure settings are influenced mostly by the firing pin spring rate.
Anyhow, if you're not confident that the spring is up to scratch, you maybe better off to just order a new spring.
They cost fuck all.

Enter dimensions and it’ll give you the info you want.
You generally need to know the material type along with dimensions/etc. I don’t have a mass spectrometer sitting at home to figure it out, unfortunately.

Doubt Impact is speccing exotic alloys for spring material. Change in modulus between carbon spring materials would be minimal.

Sorry to bring up a dead horse but was the spring rate and new free length ever specified?

Also interested in the answer to this, if anyone knows a year and a half later?
Looking for the Impact 737R Short Action Firing Pin Spring Weight.