• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact price increases

Derek200

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2017
I have been adding a complete rifle to my cart almost daily on impacts website. A few weeks ago the price for the rifle in a foundation stock was 4200. Today the price is 4700. They said they were subject to an “excise tax” because of how many rifles they had sold.

Not sure be heard that one before. Anyone else familiar wth that? Is it really a 12 percent tax increase for selling some number of rifles? I understand corporate tax brackets. But not sure I understand what they mean by excise tax.

Everyday when I try to build up the courage to tell my wife I’m buying s new toy. Now I have to wonder is this an actual tax. Or is this pricing they can take because of their success?

Yes there is a 11% excise tax along with a $2800 state department fee for any manufacturer that produces 50 or more items a year I do believe.

Hi,

DDTC/State Department registration is completely different than Federal Excise Tax.

The 2 are not connected in any way, shape or form as quantity has nothing to do with ITAR registration, other than that annual fee includes filing of 10 export permits.

Here is Federal Excise Tax information:
https://www.ttb.gov/firearms/faet-faqs.shtml

Sincerely,
Theis

you just need to buy 5 more to entitle yourself to a 5 dollar rebate on your next pruchase lol