• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Impatiently Waiting

rangeryo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2013
Central Virginia
Am I the only person on here who waits impatiently as their expensive optics traverse across the country? My Bushy ERS is supposed to be delivered, and I'm contemplating calling in sick for work.

With that said, the last status on my UPS tracking was an arrival scan in Oakland, CA over 5 days ago, and I'm way over here in Virginia, so I'm not even sure if my scope and NF rings have left the Oakland terminal.

Anyone want to remix this song to "Waiting on an optic" for me? I feel like the song could be rewritten and recorded long before my precious package arrives. :\

Brad Paisley with Andy Griffith - Waitin' On A Woman - YouTube

Right there with you. Currently waiting on US Optics to build my ER 25 and ship it out. There is a brand new set of Seekins rings sitting on the table getting lonely.
The scope, rings and .338 will be formally introduced in the very near future.

Right there with you. Currently waiting on US Optics to build my ER 25 and ship it out. There is a brand new set of Seekins rings sitting on the table getting lonely.

Its always nice to know that I'm not the only one waiting, but the fact that mine actually shipped last Tuesday and I still won't have it until this Tuesday is making this painful! Also the thought, that my hard earned money may be lost, seeing as UPS apparently never scanned it outbound from the Terminal on the opposite side of the continent.

I can never understand why that PC component that I don't really want to install in a customers site ships from California via UPS ground and arrives two days later, but the scope that I desperately cannot wait to receive takes a week or two via the same method.

If projected delivery date has been exceeded, you can notify UPS and they will begin a search.

It wont be exceeded until tomorrow afternoon, just slightly concerned that there hasnt been any tracking updates since 12:16am on the 11th when it arrived in oakland.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mwilkins, you have an order number? I can check on that for you.

I have the scope, dies, brass, bullets and powder. Just waiting on smithy to spin up the barrel. Times like this will truly try a mans patience. I feel your pain.

Very often updates on the tracking are done just immediately prior to delivery. Patience is a true virtue....yet so hard to achieve for us the guys and our guns. I feel your pain.

I ordered a bushnell ERS from Calif and got it in two days in Missouri. Then I ordered a Spuhr mount from Colorado and am on day 5, go figure!

I paid for my new vortex razor 4.5-27 in December with expected April delivery. And I'm still waiting. It's hard to use an old scope on a new custom rifle.

Yay! No more stressing about delivery dates! Now I cant wait to get off work!
y6uburez.jpg

Looks good Ranger. Got word yesterday that all components are in the hands of those at USO and assembly should be started today. Not much longer and I will be a happy camper.

Thanks, I'm sitting here at work staring at the scope in the box, wishing I was bolting her down and heading to the range. Wish I could afford a USO! I broke the bank springing for a measly little ERS. Although I did just finish the rifle build as well..

That ERS is a nice piece of glass and should serve you well.

My last rifle build, the one the USO is going on, has lived with a NF for almost a year now while I saved extra pennies for the USO.

Now it's time to start another build!

It never ends.

I know, i went with 308 on this, my first custom rifle. Id really like to save up for something like the 260 AI AX next. Have a baby on the way, and saving up to for a wedding and a house, so itll be a while before I can fulfill that dream.
If I could find an IT job making 80-90k/year Id be in good shape though!

Who did the FDE on the scope (CeraKote?) I settled for getting the GZA version of the ERS with FDE anodizing, and it looks OK on my 260 Imp 30* in a desert camo McM A5 with FDE bbl'd action - but not as good as your scope!

I purchased the scope from cstactical, and had them cerakote it FDE. Didnt really like the look of the anodized FDE.

CS Tactical appears to know what they're doing - far as I can tell from your photos, they did an excellent job on the ERS.

Not a great photo of my 260 Imp 30*, but it gives you an idea what the FDE model looks like on a FDE rifle. The other rifle in the photo is my DTA SRS with a Kahles K624i AMR mounted. I do my own CeraKote, but am not brave enough to tackle the job of coating the Kahles.

Attachments

• DSC_0883.JPG
    DSC_0883.JPG
    767.8 KB · Views: 15
I'm not in the same budget range as y'all are but I am currently waiting for my SWFA SS 10x42 to show up. Rifle is in the shop for cerakote and bullets on the way. They say the scope should be here Friday, and the smith says the rifle should be done by Friday, and I bet, given my past luck, I won't be shooting this weekend...

My glass finally made it to its destination. Need to take it out and get it dirty to match the color of the weapon but it will work. Just threw it in the rings to see how it looks. Needs to be properly positioned and torqued down. Will get better pics later.