• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Important breaking news

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    How did I ever survive with out this?

get_image_cgi_PRN5-ANHEUSER-BUSCH-BUDWEISER-BOWTIE-CAN-yh_original.jpg

Budweiser introduces bowtie-shaped can.Budweiser is turning to modern technology to emphasize a piece of its past.

The company is unveiling a bow tie shaped can that will mirror the brand's longtime bow tie logo. The can will be available in eight-packs nationwide beginning May 6 and is the result of several years of technological advancements and investments at the breweries can-making facility in Newburgh, N.Y.

"We explored various shapes that would be distinguishable in the marketplace but also viable from an engineering standpoint," said Pat McGauley, vice president of innovation for Anheuser-Busch. "Aluminum can be stretched only about 10 percent without fracturing, which requires that the angles of the bow tie be very precise."

Budweiser officials say creating the can requires a 16-step process-10 steps to form the bottom part of the can and the rest to form the top.

While the new design is the result of technological innovation, it is ultimately the result of consumer research.

"This can is certainly a conversation starter: eye-catching, easy to grip, trendy and according to our research very appealing to young adults" McGauley said.

Consumers will be giving up about an ounce of beer to get that conversation started. The new can holds 11.3 ounces rather than the standard 12 ounces. The bow tie can is not replacing the traditional 12 ounce can and will be available only in the United States.

The Budweiser bow tie first appeared in national advertisements in 1956. The brewery says the bow tie look was introduced when too many consumers were using the term "Bud" when ordering the beer in a bar. So the company added the double triangles to emphasize the full Budweiser name.

It's an old theme with what passes for beer in this country: If you won't improve the contents, change the packaging.

HAHA I saw this thread title and thought it was going to be about Senate not passing the gun bill

wasted my time on friggin BUDWEISER. Its not even beer, corn syrup flavored swill for retards.

"The new can holds 11.3 ounces rather than the standard 12 ounces."

This is a 6% reduction in volume. A 6% reduction in volume while maintaining the same price means more profit. How much profit depends on the margin they normally get for that flavor of beer.

This is called value deflation. You see it in everything from OJ to noodles to yogurt to soda to liquor and everything in between. It's a very real marketing strategy when the market can't bear higher prices yet production costs increase forcing a margin squeeze.

If people dig the new can shape I could see Bud getting rid of the 12oz can.

This Buds not for me since the heir to the Anheiser Bush brewery resigned from the NRA and asked his name be removed from the rolls as he was in disagreement with the NRA stance on background checks.

You rich pricks can go suck one. I like a good beer as much as the next guy, but Bud was my go-to cheap drink (and as a graduate student...economics direct all decisions). Guess I'll have to switch to the more elusive Coors...

You rich pricks can go suck one. I like a good beer as much as the next guy, but Bud was my go-to cheap drink (and as a graduate student...economics direct all decisions). Guess I'll have to switch to the more elusive Coors...

Or you could go Nattie Bo as it actually tastes better than any of the big brands.

Josh

"The new can holds 11.3 ounces rather than the standard 12 ounces."

This is a 6% reduction in volume. A 6% reduction in volume while maintaining the same price means more profit. How much profit depends on the margin they normally get for that flavor of beer.

This is called value deflation. You see it in everything from OJ to noodles to yogurt to soda to liquor and everything in between. It's a very real marketing strategy when the market can't bear higher prices yet production costs increase forcing a margin squeeze.

If people dig the new can shape I could see Bud getting rid of the 12oz can.

They don't sell coffee pre-packed by the pound anymore either.