• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Important safety tip (thanks, egon)

taliv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
TN
Do not attempt to test your new kestrel by holding it out the window while driving down the highway.

That is all.

Re: Important safety tip (thanks, egon)

Impeller and cover are gone, right?!

Don't ask.... I have been known to fly airplanes.
laugh.gif

Damn taliv

I hope it was at least the 1000 or 3000 model and not the 4500
What does that run about $500.00 ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ROFL

of course I would be lying if I said I didn't do this once or twice.</div></div>

Hmmm.

I must be doing it wrong then, because I use my 2500NV all the time as a thermometer while driving on the highway. My Ford lacks an in-car digital thermometer, and I keep the Kestrel handy all the time, so it seems natural to just hold it out the window... And who hasn't wondered how accurate the speedometer really is? My Kestrel tends to read within 1.5-3 MPH of the vehicle's speedometer the few times I've checked it at 80 MPH...

It <span style="font-weight: bold">is</span> important to wrap the carry strap around your wrist each and every time, <span style="font-weight: bold">before</span> lowering the window though. :p