• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

I can make them.
I would want to change it up to simplify and refine it slightly.
That first one was made via text message photos and dimensions.
Sweet! Count me in for one. Let me know when you can make it and I'll send you the payment.

Is there anyone here that has used the TA-2U-SC leveling base with the RT-90c? Really debating forking out the money to get one for shooting, or to just get a decent ball head to use for everything (shooting, spotting, photography, etc...). I have had the tripod legs for awhile now and used the included bowl to spot with binos quite a bit, just now getting around to putting arca rails on a couple rifles...

Is there anyone here that has used the TA-2U-SC leveling base with the RT-90c? Really debating forking out the money to get one for shooting, or to just get a decent ball head to use for everything (shooting, spotting, photography, etc...). I have had the tripod legs for awhile now and used the included bowl to spot with binos quite a bit, just now getting around to putting arca rails on a couple rifles...
Get an anvil30. Versatile. Works for arca and picatinny also.

Get an anvil30. Versatile. Works for arca and picatinny also.

My only concern with that was how to make sure it didn't come loose from the threaded stud. Loctite is only a temporary option IMO... does the anvil have a set screw or something as well to help secure it to the flat mounting plate? The adapter Midwest is looking at making is intriguing, but I'm kind of wanting something within a week or two if possible. One of the benefits of the TA-2U-SC is that it can also clamp onto a pic rail, and RRS has it in stock right now...

My only concern with that was how to make sure it didn't come loose from the threaded stud. Loctite is only a temporary option IMO... does the anvil have a set screw or something as well to help secure it to the flat mounting plate? The adapter Midwest is looking at making is intriguing, but I'm kind of wanting something within a week or two if possible. One of the benefits of the TA-2U-SC is that it can also clamp onto a pic rail, and RRS has it in stock right now...

All you're losing to the Anvil 30 is angle. This new leveling head addresses some of that compared to the previous version. It should also be a bit better at panning than the Anvil 30.

Reactions: Arrow22
All you're losing to the Anvil 30 is angle. This new leveling head addresses some of that compared to the previous version. It should also be a bit better at panning than the Anvil 30.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not gonna be shooting any angles I can't shoot with the TA-2U I don't believe, and I can kick a leg out to add angle if I need it. I think I'll like the tension ring as well, but that's just speculation on my part. I really like that they put 3 "tabs" on the ring so they will be in the same position in relation to all 3 tripod legs...

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

So if both look At the mounting stub portion of the Anvil it actually has a taper to it and then there is four tapped holes and then four non-tapped holes and then there's the center 3/8 screw . Like a snowmobile clutch the center bolt along with the taper should lock into place and adding any 1-4 of the cap screws,will prevent the stub from rotating so you have 5 points of fasting from RRS.

That s were using there plate keeps that integrity.

My first mock up I milled the center cap screw like a star so I could use the 4 other screws yet and they will prevent the 3/8 screw from .rotation. ideally a complete adapter with the tapered bore would be the best but I only get 1 hour of free time to work on stuff a week. . So I try to sub up a few At a time. .

Reactions: Rexwagon
A few pics

Attachments

• 15791548633628120273059706873015.jpg
    15791548633628120273059706873015.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 15791548818177237577569679739763.jpg
    15791548818177237577569679739763.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 206
Just got this tripod in the mail a couple hours ago. Initial impressions are great, this thing is a tank.
Standing dry fire with an anvil-30 on top is easily as stable as any other RRS tripod I've used in the past. I'm using the direct thread anvil, so hopefully some red loctite on the provided base will do the trick. I mounted a pig saddle to the 75mm adapter/leveling base that's included, and it is useable, but the adjustment wheel of the saddle hits the top of the tripod unless you cant the rifle/base while tightening it. Not a huge issue, but an issue nonetheless.

I'll try and get some pictures/video of some positional stuff at the local match this weekend.

Just got this tripod in the mail a couple hours ago. Initial impressions are great, this thing is a tank.
Standing dry fire with an anvil-30 on top is easily as stable as any other RRS tripod I've used in the past. I'm using the direct thread anvil, so hopefully some red loctite on the provided base will do the trick. I mounted a pig saddle to the 75mm adapter/leveling base that's included, and it is useable, but the adjustment wheel of the saddle hits the top of the tripod unless you cant the rifle/base while tightening it. Not a huge issue, but an issue nonetheless.

I'll try and get some pictures/video of some positional stuff at the local match this weekend.

Any living room pics? :geek:

Hopefully this conveys what I was talking about with the pig saddle not being able to adjust.
If I cant the base to the right while I'm tightening the rifle down it seems to be usable at least.

hA6JCy4 - Imgur.jpg

If you notice a few posts above , there is a solution to mounting the anvil30 if you don’t want to rely on red loctite.

Reactions: SuperBoot
SuperBoot-

Buddy made me a spacer with some scrap Delrin he had in the shop 2.5'' diameter .75'' thick. You will have to replace the existing stud with a longer one, but I took a standard 5'' stainless steel carriage bolt and cut the head off. Working like a champ.
20200116_225951.jpg

Reactions: TACC and SuperBoot
If you were to make these what would be an estimated timeframe? Your latest version works with the series 3 base correct? I might consider the anvil with that setup.

Next week for these after that might be awhile. I've got ammo to test ?

Attachments

• 15792514877883642195206686973951.jpg
    15792514877883642195206686973951.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Next week for these after that might be awhile. I've got ammo to test ?

Ah, what the heck, count me in for one... I just ordered one of the innorel ball heads to start with but I want an anvil eventually, might as well get this while I can. I use mine just as much to spot with so a ball head will be easier for that. And I understand completely, waiting on ADG brass to come back in stock myself.

How’s the leg stiffness? I currently run an Anvil 30 on a Manfrotto aluminum tripod and the only real wobble zone is in the legs flexing. I’ve got some time on a 3 series RRS which has basically zero wobble from the legs. I’m assuming this one should be closer to the RRS just due to the stiffness of the CF.

Reactions: TACC
How’s the leg stiffness? I currently run an Anvil 30 on a Manfrotto aluminum tripod and the only real wobble zone is in the legs flexing. I’ve got some time on a 3 series RRS which has basically zero wobble from the legs. I’m assuming this one should be closer to the RRS just due to the stiffness of the CF.

I had a Manfrotto aluminum tripod originally.... the RT90C is much more stable.

Reactions: TACC

I was pretty much in the same camp, using a Slik 700dx and the anvil.
The rt90c still has a little leg flex if you look for it (i.e. wiggle the gun side to side while the legs are extended), but when you’re actually behind the gun, none of that flex/movement is apparent. On the aluminum tripod, trying to shoot off of it standing with no sling was almost impossible due to the wobble zone induced by the legs. I’d be surprised if I ever have to use a sling with this innorel.

Ah, what the heck, count me in for one... I just ordered one of the innorel ball heads to start with but I want an anvil eventually, might as well get this while I can. I use mine just as much to spot with so a ball head will be easier for that. And I understand completely, waiting on ADG brass to come back in stock myself.

I use the leaving base for everything. On the RT90 .

I have a Desmond 52mm ball head I leave on my slik700. But when at matches the less moving parts the better if s one one jumps on my spotter.

I use the leaving base for everything. On the RT90 .

I have a Desmond 52mm ball head I leave on my slik700. But when at matches the less moving parts the better if s one one jumps on my spotter.

Makes sense. The other reason for a ball head for myself is photography, particularly through a phone skope.

I have 3 that will use the RRS plate I just need to drill and tap .

the other 3 are only finished on the tripod, side so there whichever I need to make . .

I would want one that uses the plate, PM me once you are ready to get more info.

Reactions: midwestoffroad
So how are we doing this? Deposit first come first serve?
As of right now I have reserved what I have interest from
kriller134 stud mount
* Itleknots plate mount
86Alaskan
* Jefes dope plate mount
Arrow22 plate mount
CavReconScout
I will have the plate mount ones ready Tuesday to ship and krillers by the end of the week .

So no rush on PayPal till there ready unless you want to. But I don't have plans on more till I source materials and have time after these initial 6

Last edited:
As of right now I have reserved what I have interest from
kriller134 stud mount
Itleknots plate mount
86Alaskan
Jefes dope plate mount
Arrow plate mount

I will have the plate mount ones ready Tuesday to ship and krillers by the end of the week .

So no rush on PayPal till there ready unless you want to. But I don't have plans on more till I source materials and have time after these initial 6
Awesome thanks so much for making this happen!

Reactions: midwestoffroad
Pro tip: go to a match and find out who i is a machinist. Then become friends and text them late at night to make stuff for you. Haha
YES: I need the late night machinist to make me a pair of side “plates/rails” to acceapt mLok Weights on AIAT.

Before I get e-buttfvcked by you guys has anyone tried the Innorel RT90C tripod? It's carbon fiber with 40mm tubes. Max height is about 63" and low about 7" and can support 80+ pounds. They are going for $290 or so imported from China.
Yes I'm all about supporting vendors and keeping money state side but if any vendor can sell me a similarly spec'ed tripod for the same price I'm game. Two Vets sells a similar one (40 Mike Mike) and no offense but $200 difference can buy me a shit load of other stuff. Yes yes.. RRS buy once cry once. I honestly I think I'll be fine with a $300 tripod for now.

wanted to thank you for pointing out this option, I appreciate it. Saved me money and time.

i added the leofoto long handle w/hook to my rt90c. Figured were so many people trying to fit numerous leveling bases. This one fits & functions great. Pics should show exact model number if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 7FEDDB19-8626-4A92-B94B-364A100351BC.jpeg
    7FEDDB19-8626-4A92-B94B-364A100351BC.jpeg
    780 KB · Views: 320
  • 7DEA4A8C-ABB4-464A-9EA4-F32CF30570E7.jpeg
    7DEA4A8C-ABB4-464A-9EA4-F32CF30570E7.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 325
  • D901B0A9-26EC-42E5-935B-1E0B43AD0AE0.jpeg
    D901B0A9-26EC-42E5-935B-1E0B43AD0AE0.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 323
YES: I need the late night machinist to make me a pair of side “plates/rails” to acceapt mLok Weights on AIAT.
Funny I was asked to make some weights for a AI lol

So on mine I just added a lever clamp to the included leveling base. Any reason you want to the lefhoto vs a 30$- lever plate

Last edited:
Funny I was asked to make some weights for a AI lol

So on mine I just added a lever clamp to the included leveling base. Any reason you want to the lefhoto vs a 30$- lever plate

not at all. After having all pieces in hand I wish I would have saved the $120 and just purchased a lever “qd” lock plate. I assumed the included leveling base would be plastic or cheap substrate. I had seen the leofoto bases and knew were CNC and nice quality. So ordered at same time as tripod. When everything arrived was very impressed with the Tripod and leveling base. Two days later leofoto base arrived and short of the clamp included- its same material and quality. The base is a little larger height wise but does not seem to add any more stability as they both lock down super solid.

not at all. After having all pieces in hand I wish I would have saved the $120 and just purchased a lever “qd” lock plate. I assumed the included leveling base would be plastic or cheap substrate. I had seen the leofoto bases and knew were CNC and nice quality. So ordered at same time as tripod. When everything arrived was very impressed with the Tripod and leveling base. Two days later leofoto base arrived and short of the clamp included- its same material and quality. The base is a little larger height wise but does not seem to add any more stability as they both lock down super solid.

Good to know. After adding the clamp.plate I did make a,steel knurled handle to replace the triangular plastic one .

Reactions: Guiseppe83