• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Improving iron sight

Re: Improving iron sight

In terms of glasses? If you're having trouble focusing on the front site you can get your optician to spec out lenses that are tailored to focusing at that certain distance (to the front site).

Ok , I wanna practice shooting with iron sights out to 200-500 yards. But since I wear glasses not sure if I would be able to do it or not. And the "HOW" questions is always there since I really dont know how to adjust the iron sights.

You must be able to focus on the front sight. Position the dominant eye to where the tip of the front sight appears to be centered in the rear sight aperture. Maintain alignment with the full weight of your head resting upon the stock. Following these instructions you will essentially be properly pointing the rifle with consistent sight alignment. Make alignment perfect since misalignment will create angular error which increases with distance. Making alignment perfect is easy since the eye naturally wants to center and balance things. Also, remember after adjusting your NPA to get the desired sight picture be sure to bring focus back to the front sight. With focus on the target you will loose recognition for exactly where the rifle is pointed. Regarding your glasses, you may find that with a small peep sight you will not need your glasses. The small aperture may allow for a sharp front sight, as well as a defined target, which is important if you are shooting with a hold other than center of mass.