• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impulse Buy

Rocketmandb

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2018
    ... because I don't have a 308 and everyone should have at least one. Not to mention that the components to load 308 seem to be more common right now because everyone is chasing something that's not this "out dated" cartridge.

Just ordered:

- Impact 737 barreled action, 18" 1-10 M24 barrel
    - MDT XRS chassis
    - 400 Lapua cases (SRP)
    - LE Wilson Seater
    - Redding FL Sizer
    - A bunch of Berger 155s.
    - No trigger decision yet - I have time before everything gets here. Trying to decide on ordering something I know (TT Diamond, Geissele, Bix) or try something new just because.

Notes:
    - I have a bunch of applicable powder that I'm not using for anything else (4350, RL16 - not to mention 40+ lbs of RL 26 that might be fun to play with - would take me years to put that through my 300).
    - I've been wanting a 308 shorty for practicing fundamentals
    - The MDT chassis is very similar in layout to a traditional stock, which is why I chose it - I need to still get an Arca rail for it
    - Waiting on the glass until Black Friday
    - I get to double up on all my .30 bushings, mandrels, etc.
    - Yes, I did just get a wild hair, hovered over the Buy button and finally said, "why not?"

Looking at those choices.... doubtful it was an "impulse buy"...... LOL
    Good to see someone combining different components and not trying to make it a "Brand Weapon".... I always "build it to fit" rather than try and conform myself to something built by other's.
    Call it a Christmas Present to yourself.

That's called someone hacking an account and posting BS. I haven't been on the hide since they started charging to post on the exchange

List looks awesome. I have a Jewell BR and a TT Diamond. Tempted to say I like the analog feel of the Jewell better, even though the TT is perhaps technically superior.

I just loaded up 308 for the first time for a friend. He sent a bunch of random once fired factory and I bought some lapua to add. Been loading so many magnums, short magnums,weatherby, etc. I’d almost forgot how nice it was to resize a normal well designed cartridge. Enjoy!

308 is a great round and served me well during the last year and a half. I finally picked up a 6.5cm barrel and put it on my TL3 and am still trying to find a load for it that I'm happy with. I didn't get rid of my 308 barrel though nor the loading components. You will be happy with it.