• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMR Enduran Powders

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Powder Valley is forwarding an announcement that IMR is discontinuing the Enduran Powder line. However, Hodgdon has yet to make an announcement. Anyone else have any definitive news. IMR7977 has been the powder for my .25-06

I called them because I shoot a lot of imr 8133. There answer was issues with plant where it was made and was going to be a very long time before they were able to fix issue. Then basically at the end he said he wasn't going to be made anymore and to keep my eye out for this fall replacement powder was coming.......

Just got a report from a supplier the enduron powders are discontinued. Not suprising. Some more popular powder are supposed to increase production

Reactions: Schw15
Powder Valley is forwarding an announcement that IMR is discontinuing the Enduran Powder line. However, Hodgdon has yet to make an announcement. Anyone else have any definitive news. IMR7977 has been the powder for my .25-06
Imr 7977 popped up on powdervalley today. I'm sure you will see a few dumps of leftovers

Crap my M40a1 really likes 4166. No big deal there is a ton of 308 powder out there.

That sucks - I also enjoy 8133, have loads for 2 cartridges and 5 projectiles all set. Hopefully will come across a stray 8 lb'er before it's gone.

Hodgdon has pulled this stunt before with pulling powders and recently its been with Valleyfield sourced powders. They dropped PB, IMR 700 and 800, and one other. Then released 700 and 800 as Hodgdon, introduced IMR red, green, blue and target then dropped them and now we have adding and dropping the IMR Enduron powders.

Hodgdon has been using ADI powders for the Hxxxx line but ADI has been having tremendous issues with powder production even before the pandemic hit and they are still having issues.

With the Accurate Powder acquisition Hodgdon has the majority of the powder brands that are used with Allianz being the only legacy supplier in the US which has not been a reliable supplier for quite a while. Vihtavouri and Shooter's World are the Importers that seem to the only other reliable competitors.

The Enduron powders were a development partially driven by the EU Reach regulations that prohibited the import of ADI and most IMR powders into the EU. In both cases, ADI and IMR (General Dynamics Valleyfield) worked on developing a double based powder line that would meet EU standards. ADI worked on APS series of pistol/shotgun powders but abandoned that series about a year or year and a half ago. IMR developed the Enduron series and also the Colored/Target Line which were compliant. All of these powders had formulations similar to the powders by European suppliers.

Hodgdon is a marketing company. As such much of what they put in the press is hype and spin. One of the great spin/marketing campaignsns they put out was for 8208XBR. They claimed development of the powder but the truth was that ADI developed the powder for the Australian military. Hodgdon marketed a powder that was developed for another purpose but fit the niche so to speak. We typically don't know what is going on behind the curtain.

It is interesting that ADI dropped the APS powder project just prior to release and that Hodgdon suddenly drops Enduron. If GD actually dropped production it could well be that there are patent issues coming into play. It would not be out of character for the EU to do something like this. Don't know if this is true but it's possible.

ADI has had numerous issues at Mulwala and it seems this hasn't changed. They published a list of powder production plans for 2022 back in December which list what the Australian market plan was due to production issues. If ADI can't meet the demand for Hodgdon's Extreme line of powders then one possibility is that Hodgdon drops them and substitutes the GD powders. Hodgdon owns both the Extreme, Hxxx, and Enduron trademarks and therefor controls what powder they put behind that label. Don't shoot me but it's a possibility.

One interesting fact I found probably not related is that the IMR and Accurate General Dynamics Valleyfield powders, 4064, 2495, 4350, etc are not trademarked as Accurate or IMR but are strictly 4064, 4350, etc. That actually opens the possibility that the Enduron powders could show up as Accurate powders, either with the old numbers or Enduron numbers (maybe Accurate Enduron 4064 or 4166).

There are other possibilities but based on recent Hodgdon actions we will have to wait and see what happens but I'm betting these powders show back up!

I was told to keep my eye out for replacement this fall....... so hard to say what they are doing. I'm sure something will pop up that's close or maybe the same rebranded idk

Well, if St. Marks can get their temp stable ball powders out reliably then this shouldn't matter much to the US consumer.