• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

In need of help finding a stock for my Tikka T3 varmint

tallman

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2013
Salem,OR
I have a Tikka T3 varmint in .223 and I absolutely hate the original stock that is on it. I am contemplating on actually selling the rifle because of the stock but if I can find a stock for a reasonable price then I would love to keep it. I have looked around for aftermarket stocks and some are crazy on the price, granted they are some pretty sick stocks. I like the grs but it is almost as much as I paid for the rifle. What I am looking for is a used grs stock or something close to it for cheaper than new or if there is a Tikka T3 sporter stock floating around out there that somebody doesn't want and would like to sell. If anybody has a place to look for something close to what I need or knows of somebody selling a stock please let me know. Thanks! Also any other suggestions are welcome!

Keep in mind if you change to something that uses AI magazines (a chassis or a stock which will use CDI or the like bottom metal) you'll need to either file the .223 Poly AI magazine lips so it fits properly, or have the action milled open a little to accept the thicker poly magazine lips. If you modify a metal AI mag to suit .223 you won't have to touch the action because the metal magazine lips are thinner.

CompTacMain-600x600.jpg

Link: https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=163&product_id=56297

Thanks for all the input! The krg is one I am definitely looking at, price isn't too bad.

KRG X-Ray, just saying!

This. Best bang for the buck out there.

I have a Gen 4 WC3 Folder and would not hessitate to buy an XRAY for my next tikka. $500 for a fantastic chassis that is cheaper than a Stock + bottom metal + inleting.

Yeah I priced the grs with inleting and the aics mag conversion and it was over 900. I would love the wc3 but it's a bit out of my price range right now. That will go on my 700 build though for sure. Is there a cheaper place to get the xray or is it strictly from krg? Not a big deal just curious.

MDT is just not worth it IMO . XRAY is cheaper (after you buy parts to make it a shotable rifle) , lighter, stronger and is not trying the fucking retarded "lets put AR parts on everything".

MDT is just not worth it IMO . XRAY is cheaper (after you buy parts to make it a shotable rifle) , lighter, stronger and is not trying the fucking retarded "lets put AR parts on everything".

This is so valid and true, that it needs to be repeated.

The forfend on the LSS is useless. Once you put a bipod on it you can't do a damn thing with it. Even without a bipod it doesn't lend itself we'll to offhand shooting.

At the same time KRG's butt area leaves a lot to be desired. In that price range I'd personally go with the XLR element. That's me though.

I would have to agree with cobracutter, I'm not looking for a bolt action ar. The xlr would be good for comp shooting but the krg is more what I am looking for. Wanted a tactical looking stock and it fits the bill.

krg x-ray or xlr element. keep an eye out for a used one. I picked up a used W3 for $700 and couldn't be happier. I couldn't turn that deal down even though it was a little more than I wanted to pay

If I could find a used one for 700 I would definitely buy it. The gen 4 ws3 is sweet just way out of my price range right now.

If I could find a used one for 700 I would definitely buy it. The gen 4 ws3 is sweet just way out of my price range right now.

Yeah, I really lucked out. gen4 with the spigot mount. somebody out there has one they want to sell really bad. just takes a little patience.