• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In need of pics of mcmillan a4 stock on sps varmint or police!!!

kool Guyy117

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2013
I plan on ordering a mcmillan a4 for my sps varmint soon but I'm really curious on how the varmint contour will look with the stock

Try the "Let's see those McMillan A4 pics" thread.

I've tried but can't seem to get good close ups of the barrel channel n really good pics of the barrel on that stock

Most off the shelf A4's and A5's have the standard sps contour channel, as it is the most common contour for Remingtons that I've seen. Usually you have to order it with a larger channel, or find one that was already inletted for a sendero or mtu contour. The last off the shelf A5 that I ordered was a perfect fit for the 700 sps .300 wm that was dropped into it.

Do you've got any pics of it I'm just a lil worried the varmint contour will look a lil skinny for the stock since most that I've seen have the big m24/m40 barrel on them

^^^^^^ Sorry, it was a customer rifle and I didn't take any pics when I put it together.

So what do you all think about that rifle and stock combo any pros/cons I really like the a4 it's been one of my favorite stocks never held one though

^^^^^^ Sorry, it was a customer rifle and I didn't take any pics when I put it together.
What are your thoughts on it? Did it look good or did the varmint barrel look a little too skinny for the stock?
That's my only problem because most mcmillan a4 I've seen all got the big usmc contour on em

I don't think they look bad. But then again, I'm the last one to talk to about aesthetics haha. If I had to choose one, the A4 looks better with a sps barrel because from a top profile of the forend is seemingly slimmer than the A5. But again, I'm more concerned with performance than looks.

Last edited:
I don't think they look bad. But then again, I'm the last one to talk to about aesthetics haha. If I had to choose one, the A4 looks better with a sps barrel because from a top profile of the forend is seemingly slimmer than the A5. But again, I'm more concerned with performance than looks.
lol yeahh I'm kinda the same way but damn the a4 looks so good to me maybe I'll order one should look good thanx btw man for your info

A good looking stock it is...
But it's a good chunk of change to drop IMO...
You might want to spend a little time petting one before you make the pludge...
Little subtleties can make a stock a keeper or a down the roader...

I shot Mcm forever in BR and some 600m shooting, since I went with BC there's no way I'd drop the extra $. I still have several Mcm's and HSP's sitting around that's been opened up to MTU,M24, Palma's etc. I even handled an AICS and said I hated it. But once I shot one.... It's all history from there. My pure hunting rigs ride in HSP's and BC's and my Match guns ride in Chassis's. Love the XRay, AICS, JP,. I know lookin cool is top on most people's list, but I'll take a beat up HSP with Krylon on everything that will shoot bugholes over a stock barreled gun in a McM A5 with a perfect camo pattern, cool fluted bolt and all. That $1k for a stock, will put on a brand new Krieger/Bartlein/Brux, and even get your action trued up and squared as well.

Give Jon Beanland/Spartan/bugholes/SAC/GAP a call (I see PCR has a short wait time) and you won't give a flip how it looks, because those first 5 shots all touching on your 1st 100yd group, will be the biggest smile you have ever had.
Short Story... My older bud wanted to shoot some groups about 15yrs ago, and I brought my Sendaro 700/Leupy 8.5-25/ to his 100yd range and he was shooting thumbtacks, I'd hit one every once in a while, but nothing like his, (that looked like crap compared to mine) But was an old 40X in 220 swift, and it done it over and over. About 15 brand new rifles and hours of reloads later, I sent a gun to Dave Tooley, and after 7mos, I could sit right there with my 6mm and do the same thing. I hate to tell ya that but it's the real truth. Dump your funds into the Heart of the gun, and Smith.
Good Shooting Man.

Last edited:
I shot Mcm forever in BR and some 600m shooting, since I went with BC there's no way I'd drop the extra $. I still have several Mcm's and HSP's sitting around that's been opened up to MTU,M24, Palma's etc. I even handled an AICS and said I hated it. But once I shot one.... It's all history from there. My pure hunting rigs ride in HSP's and BC's and my Match guns ride in Chassis's. Love the XRay, AICS, JP,. I know lookin cool is top on most people's list, but I'll take a beat up HSP with Krylon on everything that will shoot bugholes over a stock barreled gun in a McM A5 with a perfect camo pattern, cool fluted bolt and all. That $1k for a stock, will put on a brand new Krieger/Bartlein/Brux, and even get your action trued up and squared as well.

Give Jon Beanland/Spartan/bugholes/SAC/GAP a call (I see PCR has a short wait time) and you won't give a flip how it looks, because those first 5 shots all touching on your 1st 100yd group, will be the biggest smile you have ever had.
Short Story... My older bud wanted to shoot some groups about 15yrs ago, and I brought my Sendaro 700/Leupy 8.5-25/ to his 100yd range and he was shooting thumbtacks, I'd hit one every once in a while, but nothing like his, (that looked like crap compared to mine) But was an old 40X in 220 swift, and it done it over and over. About 15 brand new rifles and hours of reloads later, I sent a gun to Dave Tooley, and after 7mos, I could sit right there with my 6mm and do the same thing. I hate to tell ya that but it's the real truth. Dump your funds into the Heart of the gun, and Smith.
Good Shooting Man.
Thanks for the advice and story man it looks the stock will have to wait I gotta order a timney trigger since remington recalled the X mark pro Always wanted a new trigger anyways

Good Shooting Man.

Very well said! I remember being out at the range shooting 1moa with my factory rifle and my best loads thinking I'm an idiot and/or cant hold still enough to get a good group. Then I got my rifle trued with a brux barrel and you should have seen the smile on my face when I stopped measuring group size and started measuring hole size!!!