• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns In search of a good holster maker

WindstormSCR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2021
Maryland
Looking for a good, reputable custom holster maker, to help with a couple of oddball pistol and light combinations.

Preferably within semi-reasonable driving distance of central MD, since shipping things is not an ideal situation

Been searching myself for a bit, but figured I’d ask here too and see if there were any suggestions.

@JJMoody makes super nice holsters. But he is in north Idaho.

Scan through the “leather sewing and leather work” thread, there are some nice holsters in there.

I’m not sure how to link another thread…

Reactions: JJMoody
Appreciate the mention. Aside from having the actual setup in hand, there are holster making props available. They make em for lights also, but sometimes oddball setups aren’t available

Appreciate the mention. Aside from having the actual setup in hand, there are holster making props available. They make em for lights also, but sometimes oddball setups aren’t available
Yeah, the reason I asked for within driving distance is one of them is a Taurus Raging Hunter in .460 S&W that I added a rail to for a light. would need to be molded around the actual gun.

the other is just one no one seems to support at all, which is a manual safety M&P 5.7, but with a viridian X5L light and EPS Carry optic.

I got the X5L after one saved someone in my state a heap of legal trouble by having the camera footage from the shooter perspective. MD is a blue hellhole, but even they won't argue with clear cut evidence of someone being an active threat when they got shot.

Well, you’re on the right track. Two super tricky jobs without the weapons. There’s a few saddle shops in that general area….