• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Good source for genuine M9-type bayonet, and special request…

91Eunozs

The Man (Retired)
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas
    Looking for a couple bayonets in good/serviceable condition… Finding Tons out there, but really don’t know what I’m looking for, and prices vary widely/wildly. Utterly convinced most of what I’m finding are knockoffs.

Looking for a tan one; probably a USMC OKC-3S (I think?). Found this, but no idea if this is a good price or not: https://colemans.com/u-s-g-usmc-okc-3s-bayonet-used

Also looking for an ODG version; preferably with the built-in wire cutter (used with the sheath). Seems these are more readily available, but again, I vaguely recall being issued one at some point in my career, but honestly don’t know how to tell a real one from a knockoff.

—- special request—-

Also looking for a reputable smith/knife maker that does (or will do) a genuine Damascus steel Bowie knife, or possibly a different style fighting knife to give myself as a re-retirement gift some time in the next year.

Maybe something like this 9” “Benghazi Warfighter” from Helm Forge. James Helm is local(ish) to me down in San Antonio, and he was kind enough to custom make this one on a fairly short timeline for my son just before he went off to college (pic is from Helm Forge site):

knife05.jpg

The knife I want to buy, or have made if necessary, is intended to match my first retirement gift to myself, so I’m willing to spend a bit more for a real investment-quality piece of functional art…one that can also be used a a tool (yes I actually shoot that Cabot).

i-XZBQf9V.jpg

any tips or recommendations appreciated…. I’m a bit of a novice to the knife scene, but know what ‘good’ looks and feels like.

Bump…. Anyone?

Is that one M9 linked above listed at the going rate, a ripoff or a good deal? No idea…