• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NinjasHide

December 15th 1791 = 2A
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Mojave Dessert California
Im in search for a heavy (likely aluminum) buttstock for AR15. Im looking for a A2 fixed or rifle length type.
I found this stock here called the "Cobalt Kinetics Fixed Billet Stock" which weighs 17 ounces for $279.00 (see photo). Its a A2 style stock.
However this will leave me 21.2 oz too light in the rear (1.3 lbs). I have a heavy 16" AR barrel (no fluting) and that's not counting my suppressor and Cole-Tac HTP supressor wrap, but I'm not going to get into that yet. I'll stick with the rifles natural construct.

I've thought about adding magnets or a 1lb fishing weight to the stock somehow but id rather just contact the manufacturer Cobalt Kinetics, and ask they keep weight on the stock that they mill off.

Another option is to ask all you if you could help me find a heavy buttstock in the area of 38 oz (2 lbs - 2.3 lbs) OR tell me how to add 21.2 oz to this 17 oz stock to gain my balance back.
All weight given is taking other parts into account such as the handguard, barrel nut, etc.
Not accounting for suppressor, wrap or scope. I just want the rifle to be balanced.

THANK YOU ALL.

Attachments

• Fixed-BIllet-Stock-6-1.jpg
    Fixed-BIllet-Stock-6-1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 46
Magpul PrS Gen 3 with buffer tube weighs 31.7 ounces. By the time you include a buffer and spring, you’ll be at desired weight

Reactions: NinjasHide
3lbs 11ozs

3lbs 11ozs
I haven't seen the A2 lead insert in stock in quite awhile. You can put a bag in the A2 cavity and fill it with lead shot or powdered tungsten. The UBR weight was only for the Gen1 stock, but Stealth Ballistics does have a Gen2 version.

Reactions: NinjasHide
3lbs 11ozs
Duc, does this weight fit between the hollow area of the spring? Im looking for a video of how to install this.

I haven't seen the A2 lead insert in stock in quite awhile. You can put a bag in the A2 cavity and fill it with lead shot or powdered tungsten. The UBR weight was only for the Gen1 stock, but Stealth Ballistics does have a Gen2 version.
Ok msgriff, Thank you very much for the input. Im totally unaware of how to add weight to an existing stock or tube.
Where exactly do you add the weight? Inside the tube? What about the BCG? Please excuse my lack of knowledge. Im here because I follow Frank on his channel but generally this site blows all others away.

I have an A2 with the lead weight if you want it.
Im very interested in that. However, If you mean the A2/m16 standard stock Im trying to stay away from these kinds. They do have a hollow section but ergonomically I'm looking for something along the lines of this Cobalt Kinetics fixed stock made of aluminum. Are you talking about a A2 stock like this (see pic)

Attachments

• s475399793510516385_p143_i1_w2000.jpeg
    s475399793510516385_p143_i1_w2000.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 52