• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In summary: I suck but I have fun!

snipeyguns

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2020
Midwest
To me long range is 600 yards. If I can hit pop cans at 400 yards 50% of the time Im happy. If I can hit my 1ftx1ft steel at 500 yards nearly all the time Im happy. If I can hit anything at 600 yards Im happy.

I am just a plinker and I shoot with my wife a lot. My daughters also have started as well.

We have (or had) a variety of guns which I would love to post pictures of but due to things politically currently I wont. I will show my bolt guns though:
Savage BA 110 and just picked up a new RPR both are 300 WM. We reload and shoot cheaply. Im not an expert and Im more about quantity and having fun than quality. I build all my guns mid range specs (or what I consider mid range).

We shoot 300bo, 223, 308, 300 WM as "long range" as I mentioned above. We reload everything as well with a single stage LEE press. So as you can tell I do get by but many will laugh at my setups.

We also have some NFA items for fun and I am thinking of getting my first suppressor for this RPR. it may be a good year for it given ammo is gone, components are gone, and I was lucky to score this RPR as the last one in stock.

Lots of good info on this board, Ill enjoy reading it. Ill ask some dumb questions for sure!

IMG_20201211_222320771.jpg

Reactions: Kamerad
Welcome. Don’t downplay yourself. Learning to shoot at distance is part of the fun. Also you will learn a lot about how to squeeze accuracy out of what you have.

Welcome to the Hide from NW Ohio. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a dumb question, I had to work and instruct Marines so I’ve heard a few questions. Having fun is the goal.