• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Independence day & no regard for frozen feet

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
Independence Day and no regard for frozen feet.

““The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.””

-John Adams, written to his wife Abigale.

July 2nd, 1776 was the day of legal separation from Britain. Mr. Adams, speaking to that regarding his reference to a future July 2nd Independence celebration. Congress debated and revised the wording of the Declaration, finally approving it two days later on July 4 and the rest is history and the day we have chosen to celebrate independence.

Are you & yours going to do something for the holiday today or this week? Are you going to be jolly? Are you going to have a feast with those you love? Will you have a favorite beverage with friends?

Are you going to be a hypocrite?

You see freedom is never given. Freedom must be taken. Daily. Every day. Forever. Battle for independence: Its never a war that is finally won and we hang up our sabers.

The state of the current American came rushing into my mind one day this past spring semester at my community college. The previous day I had shown up for school only to find no one in the parking lot. I put two & two together and realized because 36 snow flakes had fallen from the sky in the region that school was closed. I went home. The next day before class I asked some of my peers how they know if school is closed on a given day. The unanimous response was “the ________ _________ Community College smart phone ap.” I said thanks.

I went on to the room of my next class quite early and looked up the app. Near instantly I got mad and wanted to start swinging the hammers of hell and bash every table in the classroom, figuratively speaking. The app for this, in the grand scheme of American higher education, tiny community college asked me for “permissions” before I could use the app.

To use the app I had to give permission for the school/developer of the app to:

Turn on the cameras on my phone, without my knowing, 24/7/365.
Turn on the GPS in my phone to track me, w/o my knowing, 24/7/365.
Access every file & document in my phone 24/7/365.
Access every photo on my phone 24/7/365.
Access all media on my phone 24/7/365.
Copy my inbound and outbound phone log 24/7/365.
On & on & on.

20ish minutes later nearly all students had arrived for the class and we were awaiting our professor. I stood up and asked “Hey, I’m just curious, Who all has the school’s app on their phone and uses it?” 90% of the students raised their hand. I replied “No regard for frozen feet” and sat down. That afternoon I wrote a letter to the school suggesting they actually READ the United States Bill of Rights and then consider the phone app. Freedom must be TAKEN, DAILY lest YOU lose it.

You see I assume young people are still getting at least a small portion of true, unmolested American history. I know few know the complete or near complete detailed story of the American epic battle for independence these days. But we all know something.

My starving, ill equipped, grandfathers and a handful of grandmothers fell to musket balls. And in that day a peripheral gunshot wound generally meant amputation. How dedicated were our forefathers to my & your freedom? How deeply did they believe in my & your freedom; for us to not be messed with and pushed around? How unrelenting were they about keeping their eye on the prize to the point of giving their life? The answer that brings me to tears more than most of these is the fact that George Washington lost men to frozen bare feet, or frozen feet previously wrapped in blanket strips as they marched on, believing in freedom AT ALL COST, in the snow. Frozen feet led to gangrene and you know where it goes from there without modern medicine. How hard was it after years of struggle for every individual to keep putting one foot in front of the other for the cause at large? How much harder was it to keep putting one blackened frozen stump of a foot in front of another blackened frozen stump of a foot to maintain combat readiness & effectiveness until that soldiers mind was willing but the body just could no longer comply with the brain and that soldier fell out?

I’ve recently heard proud new owners of the latest iPhone 10 cell phone exclaiming “This phone is so secure *it memorizes my face* I only have to look at it to unlock it and use it.” & “It knows EXACTLY where I’m going. All I need to do is start driving home and the phone will say “driving home, minor traffic eta 15 minutes.” And they love this!?!?!?!?! How come there has not been a million man march at Apple headquarters? Dumb sheep to a slaughter we are.
Frozen feet.

How will you celebrate your freedom today?

And will doing so actually make you a recent hypocrite?

How do you disregard frozen feet?

How do I disregard frozen feet? What freedoms have you simply gave away with the push of a button or immediate compliance and welcomed a police state in the phone apps you use or the day in day out compliance you offer to anyone with a title & position? Frozen feet.

When a police officer says “I need to search your vehicle” how many of you just say “Mmm-kay” rather than citing your 4th Amendment right? Frozen feet.

How many of you when told “you can’t protest here, leave or be arrested” just tuck tail and go rather than citing your 1st amendment right AND GET ARRESTED? Frozen feet. Thank God my forefathers were not like that.

How many of us comply with modern laws pertaining to schools, post offices, court rooms etc that today ensure only law DISregarding people get to have guns in these places to do their evil deed when We the People can be armed wherever we damn well please via the 2nd amendment? Frozen Feet.

When’s the last time a “speedy trial” has EVER occurred in this nation? 6th Amendment. Frozen Feet.

Are we hypocrites today? Do we give away that which was died for and more importantly long SUFFERED for, saying “this minor thing” is no big deal, it’s just a phone app, or “everybody knows you are to do ANYTHING a police officer says immediately after they say it,” or “oh my, I sure don’t want to be arrested” (for doing NOTHING WRONG)….On & on & on. Frozen feet.

I’ve seen freedom atrophy my entire life.
Think of these thing today in the midst of smiles, laughter, great food and in the hearing of brilliantly loud noises that are meant to simulate and REMIND US OF COMBAT.
Thank you my fellow American. Thank you to her, my friends. Have an awesome day.

in at flamma cardia,
TresMon