• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Indian Movies...Aint what they used to be!

Re: Indian Movies...Aint what they used to be!

Drill-bit is going backwards but it looks like a lot of fun that's for sure! Can only dream of seeing a movie with that much action here in the states.

WTF they drive on the left side of the road in India??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF they drive on the left side of the road in India?? </div></div>
On the left, on the right, <span style="text-decoration: underline">and</span> in the middle. They're the only people in the world who can divide two (lanes) by five (vehicles [and/or farm animals]) and come up with an even result.

Hollyweird has gotten so stale and repetitive, I've started watching a lot of Bollywood movies. India is still a very family-centric place, and poverty is so rampant that a movie ticket is still a big purchase for most people. So their movies in general last three hours and have a little something for every member of the family because they figure the entire family will be watching together and they want them to feel they got their money's worth. And their story lines are much more original than the schlock that's coming off the left coast now.

If you're interested, I'd recommend you look up "The Three Idiots." I laughed my ass off (for the first hour and a half, anyway). You can find ripped copies of it on the Internet, with English subtitles. It's about a doesn't-give-a-fcuk rich guy in an engineering university who specializes in busting the dean's balls, ...until he falls for the dean's daughter. "Munna Bhai M.B.B.S" was another really good one, sort of a slapstick comedy about a gangster pretending to go straight for the the sake of his parents.

But one caveat: <span style="text-decoration: underline">all</span> Indian movies have dance sequences. It doesn't matter whether it's a murder mystery, SciFi, cop-buddy flick, romantic comedy, whatever, ...several times over the course of the film, they <span style="text-decoration: underline">will</span> break into a song and dance routine, complete with 1000 dance extras in costume who emerge from nowhere.

There are a few great ones on Hulu such as:

Gangaa Jamunaa Saraswathi

HAHAHAHAAAAA!

That was great. I'm sending that link to everyone I know.