• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Indiana Newbie

gstspeedster

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2020
I initially registered to purchase a scope in the PX forum, and WOW so much great information here. Glad to meet everyone in time and learn more!
Anyone in Indiana? Would be nice to have more shooting friends!!

Welcome from CO

Head down to Red Brush rifle range this Sunday. 90 signed up this months PRS style match. You're bound to make a few new friends.

http://redbrush.org/
I definitely would, but I'm on duty this weekend. I'm in Greenwood, so about a 3 hour drive. Not bad and will definitely have to keep and eye out for functions there. Thanks A&8's!!!

Greenwood guy as well here! Welcome!
Any good long distance ranges or buddies properties you know of to shoot? Like to get out to 1000 yards but would settle for anything past 200... Maybe we can meet up as a group and fire off some rounds some time.

Any good long distance ranges or buddies properties you know of to shoot? Like to get out to 1000 yards but would settle for anything past 200... Maybe we can meet up as a group and fire off some rounds some time.
Unfortunately no buddies. Bass N Bucks in Wabash goes out to 750yrds (im going out there this Saturday). Redbrush goes out to 500. Atturbury goes to 1000 but only if you are in one of their matches. It would be nice to start southside Indianapolis shooters group for outings and such!

Unfortunately no buddies. Bass N Bucks in Wabash goes out to 750yrds (im going out there this Saturday). Redbrush goes out to 500. Atturbury goes to 1000 but only if you are in one of their matches. It would be nice to start southside Indianapolis shooters group for outings and such!
I work on Atterbury and know about it. And we sometimes have private sessions on the range, which is nice.. and we do have ranges that go past 1000!! I'll have to check out Bass N Bucks and Redbrush. And I'm game for a shooters group on the South side!

Reactions: Slash0311
I work on Atterbury and know about it. And we sometimes have private sessions on the range, which is nice.. and we do have ranges that go past 1000!! I'll have to check out Bass N Bucks and Redbrush. And I'm game for a shooters group on the South side!
I haven't been to Bass N Bucks or Redbrush but will let you know how Bass N Bucks is this weekend. Redbrush hosts monthly PRS matches if you are interested in that. I plan on going to my first one next month.

I haven't been to Bass N Bucks or Redbrush but will let you know how Bass N Bucks is this weekend. Redbrush hosts monthly PRS matches if you are interested in that. I plan on going to my first one next month.
Yeah definitely let me know how it is! And I like to shoot for leisure and haven't really considered attending any matches... Who knows though.

Im about 30 minutes from Red Brush and was a member till last year. The 400-500 yard range is pretty nice with good overhead cover on the bays. You have to be a member unless its an open match. Redbrush.org has some info. Typically the range is limited to 400 yards but they can close a gate and open 500 for events. I shot a couple IDPA matches a few years ago. Keep in mind that the guys that came up with the IDPA stages don't know squat about tactics. If same or similar guys do the rifle matches, I'm glad I never shot with them.

And if you don't know, the running joke was that if you shoot over the rifle berm, your rounds will land in Kentucky. The range is just a few miles from the Ohio River/state line.

Welcome to the nuthouse!!

Yeah definitely let me know how it is! And I like to shoot for leisure and haven't really considered attending any matches... Who knows though.

Had a blast at Bass n Bucks today! Very nice covered range kept me out of the heat. Was able to ring some steel at 750yards and 550yards consistently so I was very happy with that. Important note though, you need to bring your own targets/steel. Luckily, some of the other range attendees where very kind and let me shoot their steel. I ranged the 750 yard target and seemed more like 710 yards as well with google maps confirming the rangefinder.

I shoot at bass and bucks, from Northside of Indy. Want to shoot a red brush match next year. I did shoot the Indiana precision match last year. Hit me up and we will shoot.