• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Indiana shooters stand up!

Where you at I'm down between Louisville and Evansville

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Got any good places up there? I've only got access to 300 meters and that's when there's no crops out

We have a pretty nice 100 and 300 yard private range. When the crops are out we can shoot 1480 pretty regular. A place or two to possibly stretch it to a mile but I haven't tried yet.

Got any good places up there? I've only got access to 300 meters and that's when there's no crops out

Not really. Same story. We can get out to about 550 when the crops are out after that it pretty much sucks. Sometimes I wonder why I Still live in this state!

I'm up in Rochester, IN... We have a place called Bass n Bucks (open to the public for a fee) that we can get out to 700. It's in Wabash, IN (about a 40 min drive for me) A private club up in Roanoke, IN (near Fort Wayne) that will get to 1K... Another further up north I think near Angola called Youngs or something like that (private club also)

I'm up in Rochester, IN... We have a place called Bass n Bucks (open to the public for a fee) that we can get out to 700. It's in Wabash, IN (about a 40 min drive for me) A private club up in Roanoke, IN (near Fort Wayne) that will get to 1K... Another further up north I think near Angola called Youngs or something like that (private club also)

No shit? I've been to bass and bucks once. Had no idea they had that there.

I'm in Hancock County. Just east of Indy. I've been to Bass n Bucks several times. It's a nice place. I'd love to go to a group shoot.

Up north near Valparaiso here, dying to find a spot with 1000+ that isn't overrun with people every weekend.

Wakarusa here. Just south of Mishawaka. Same as everyone else. 100 yrds at the house. 500 yrds when the crops are down.

Rammer

I don't have anywhere to get even close to 1k, there is a club out in Wolcottville (Youngs Longshots) but I'm told its packed every weekend. If your buddies with the farmland want to welcome a new guy, let me know, Id be glad to make a new friend and compensate them for the use of their cornfield.

Does Bass n Bucks have steel on their rifle range?

Few years ago there was hardly anyone there at Young's on the weekends, wonder what's changed. Haven't been there in a few years though. NW Ohio Guy, so I don't count in the discussion, lol

I know that this has become a site largely for steel shooters, but I hope to find someone in Indiana, particularly NE Indiana that can answer some questions about the condition of the Groundhog population. I travel quite a bit to get the best GH shooting and am always looking for long and extreme distance ops. All help will be appreciated.

no bass and bucks doesn't

Oh, forget that then. Not driving 2 hrs to shoot paper unless it's on electronic targets like what Central Indiana HP Shooters club uses on their matches at Camp Atterbury.

I live in North Salem....I can get 500 yard a mile from my house and I can get 1500 an hour from here on a buddies range. He lives just inside the Illinois line.

Reactions: Ncloud
Ripley Co. here. When crops are out can get 1000 at one farm, can get 700 at another as long as the cattle are cooperating.

Central Indiana 20 mins north of Indy. I think Bass and Bucks is the closest range out to 700. I will be checking it out when it warms up a little.

Friend of mine has a buddy with a range out to 900 but haven't got to shoot there myself yet

I’m in Columbus, IN. A local gun shop is opening one out to a mile but it’s $1250 for a lifetime indoor membership or $715/year plus $500 for use of the outdoor range. It seems pretty steep but it’s a place to shoot.

I figured I would report back and say the range located close to Columbus has closed.

Well the gun shop was robbed 2 or 3 times and I don’t think they were doing a lot of business. I feel bad for those that paid for a lifetime membership of almost $1300 and only were able to use the range for a year.

Hmm, sucks because Columbus IN is about 2 hrs from home in Ohio so I would have loved another option for LR.

Pays to not be an early adopter.

That would be news to me but I had that exact conversation with a friend. What happens if you pay all that money for a "lifetime" membership and they go out of business? Well it looks like you are out all of that money if you did join.