• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PRS Talk Indoor dry fire setups?

Z06pilot

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2017
Usa
What are people running for indoor dryfire as far as props and targets? My scope 7x35 atacr focuses real close so I would like to take advantage of that for practice.

What are people running for indoor dryfire as far as props and targets? My scope 7x35 atacr focuses real close so I would like to take advantage of that for practice.
I use my laptop (high resolution screen) and an old iPad with pictures on them. You can find stuff online, even power points that include movers.

IOTA, practice barricade and pictures loaded into the Xbox with Target dots photoshopped in. Problem with things like the iota of they reduce light coming in. TV or laptop that produce light helps a lot.

I’m a huge fan of DST Precision’s DFAT kit and target package. I’ve used and own their Gen 1 and Gen 2 DFATs But definitely recommend the Gen 2 as it’s a much nicer and well-machined thread in device (vs a traditional scope cap). I also use the IOTA PowerPoint in combination with the DFAT on my laptop in order to get pop up and mover training in.

HOWEVER.... This just caught my eye the other week:

Has anyone gotten hands on the “Accurize Target System” from accurizetarget.com?

Ships out of Norway and is around $550 or so (within in Europe, so not sure about to the US). The CS team there is super responsive so that was another plus on top of that it offers.

I’m going to snag one before returning to the states because it looks like something that provides measurable value to training. Sure the price is is initially high, but that’s around the same price of a month’s worth of range expenses (ammo/gas/food/fees) anyways. It would also help call you on your shit and ensure that you’re being consistent. Otherwise, what’s the point?

They also have a mover track that you can set it into and practice shooting and actual target.

I think it’s a newer product, as the press info on their site is from 2019, but it looks promising. I’d purchase it right now and see for myself but I don’t have a rifle with me here :(

BA8F0ADC-F2A1-409C-9290-0E0DF3036458.png

Reactions: deltawiskey
I’m a huge fan of DST Precision’s DFAT kit and target package. I’ve used and own their Gen 1 and Gen 2 DFATs But definitely recommend the Gen 2 as it’s a much nicer and well-machined thread in device (vs a traditional scope cap). I also use the IOTA PowerPoint in combination with the DFAT on my laptop in order to get pop up and mover training in.

HOWEVER.... This just caught my eye the other week:

Has anyone gotten hands on the “Accurize Target System” from accurizetarget.com?

Ships out of Norway and is around $550 or so (within in Europe, so not sure about to the US). The CS team there is super responsive so that was another plus on top of that it offers.

I’m going to snag one before returning to the states because it looks like something that provides measurable value to training. Sure the price is is initially high, but that’s around the same price of a month’s worth of range expenses (ammo/gas/food/fees) anyways. It would also help call you on your shit and ensure that you’re being consistent. Otherwise, what’s the point?

They also have a mover track that you can set it into and practice shooting and actual target.

I think it’s a newer product, as the press info on their site is from 2019, but it looks promising. I’d purchase it right now and see for myself but I don’t have a rifle with me here :(

View attachment 7261144
I like the looks of this system, thanks for posting!
DW

Reactions: M8541Reaper
We have a big picture window on the north side of our house. I setup on the floor in the adjoining room just as I would at the range and I have a large field of view to pick targets. Knots on trees, a specific brick in the neighbor’s chimney, a bird resting on a power line, etc.

Reactions: RAWHDE
We have a big picture window on the north side of our house. I setup on the floor in the adjoining room just as I would at the range and I have a large field of view to pick targets. Knots on trees, a specific brick in the neighbor’s chimney, a bird resting on a power line, etc.
...neighbor’s cat that keeps shitting in your bushes... ?

Running the Indoor Dryfire Training System and have built the portable barricade from 6.5 guys. I've modified it to also accept chains or rope that can be clipped on for different stages and different heights. That and a shot timer (any stopwatch app with a delay works fine too)

Yup! Same here!
get The DFAT or the reticle also came with my dry fire system. Works great!! I also use chairs, step ladders and other props.

Attachments

• FB561389-42B2-4490-BC24-21976BE9E0AF.jpeg
    FB561389-42B2-4490-BC24-21976BE9E0AF.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: acudaowner