• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Inert gas for "running wet"

Tango Bravo

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
Pardon me if it's been asked before, but is anyone using C02, Argon or Nitrogen to help with the first round pop from their rifle can? I saw a comment about "computer keyboard cleaner" sprayed for 2 seconds in a pistol barrel, and wondered about other cans / gases. I have weld argon and nitrogen on hand, and can easily build a safe "injector" to flood the can with gas. But is it safe? Effective?

Thanks in advance.

Works fine, but the real problem is keeping it in place for more than a second or two. A few cc's of water or oil is easy and it stays in place, gas, not so much.

Blow it out with inert gas, small piece of tape over the muzzle and then chamber a round. I've used canned lens cleaning "air"and argon with great results. I think all you are trying to do is minimize the amount of O2 in there.

Blow it out with inert gas, small piece of tape over the muzzle and then chamber a round. I've used canned lens cleaning "air"and argon with great results. I think all you are trying to do is minimize the amount of O2 in there.

Thanks to all. Pretty much what I figured. And I'd rather hear the pop than smell the cigarette. : - ) I'll try the "blow it out, seal it and chamber it" method.

TB

Most any non-flammable gas to displace the air in the tube will work. A little wire pull gell ( 5cc-10cc) can be squirted in and shaken up, unless you have gas.....