• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation at work?

somebody mentioned $6 maple bar (donut) and dunkin is paying $17.50 +benefits so....
i wonder if i will get a COL adjustment, lol.

Bay Area coffee shops have been priced like that for years and years. Tiburon I go to get a coffee and a danish, 12$, that was like 20 years ago lol. I looked at it like WTF you can keep it.

Boomers have this idea that other people should work for 5-6$ an hour, extra fast service at the burger joint with a smile when they stop their on the way to Costco to pad the blubber. I think part of it is the memory that goes back 65 years when a new mustang gt was 2500 bucks and a house in the bay area was 25k. My uncle was buying houses on Marina blvd for 50-100k bucks, remodeling them and selling for 20k profit. Now they are 5-7mil+.

this is what I mean:

Reactions: Emerson0311
Bay Area coffee shops have been priced like that for years and years. Tiburon I go to get a coffee and a danish, 12$, that was like 20 years ago lol. I looked at it like WTF you can keep it.

Boomers have this idea that other people should work for 5-6$ an hour, extra fast service at the burger joint with a smile when they stop their on the way to Costco to pad the blubber. I think part of it is the memory that goes back 65 years when a new mustang gt was 2500 bucks and a house in the bay area was 25k. My uncle was buying houses on Marina blvd for 50-100k bucks, remodeling them and selling for 20k profit. Now they are 5-7mil+.

this is what I mean:

when i was a kid, pretty much everyone that worked in fast food were kids that lived at home, drove some old car their parents helped them get, and all they needed was enough money for gas, concert tickets and dates.

I'm averaging a bit over 10% with all of my REITs. Best money I ever invested. I wish I'd started earlier in life.
Glad they worked for you. Just lost 30k I had in 1 of 3 REITs to the company going belly up. Not getting anything back either..gonna stick to my seasonal Tsp trading instead. Made 38% last year and will be around 14% this year.

Glad they worked for you. Just lost 30k I had in 1 of 3 REITs to the company going belly up. Not getting anything back either..gonna stick to my seasonal Tsp trading instead. Made 38% last year and will be around 14% this year.
REITs can be great and....darn it they can fail just like any investment. Do you mind if I ask which REIT you owned that went south?

when i was a kid, pretty much everyone that worked in fast food were kids that lived at home, drove some old car their parents helped them get, and all they needed was enough money for gas, concert tickets and dates.
Since moving to my new AO, I see teenagers working everywhere. Just about every store or restaurant up here has teens working there. I have not seen that since 1985. It's refreshing to see kids with a solid work ethic that their parents instilled in them. I'm in a whole new world compared to LA.

Since moving to my new AO, I see teenagers working everywhere. Just about every store or restaurant up here has teens working there. I have not seen that since 1985. It's refreshing to see kids with a solid work ethic that their parents instilled in them. I'm in a whole new world compared to LA.
I think once we see Gen X's kids in the work force (which may have started but isn't quite there yet) we will see a lite resurgence in the traditional ways and good work ethic. Hopefully we can reverse some of this insanity we all have allowed to take hold in our society.

Just remember how we got here every single time you see something that isn't right, or something that shouldnt be..... We got here by all of us who know what's right and wrong "not wanting to cause a scene, or not wanting to mess with it".... our silence is consent. Stop consenting to what we know is wrong! It might cost you business, it might cost you friends.... What our silent consent has cost us all so far is a whole hell of a lot more!

Hope it’s not anything to do with Evergrande!
That is a massive shit show. Chinese hold ~ 70% of their wealth in real estate in a market 2x the size of ours with about 60 million empty dwellings right now....that's enough to house many countries. Those crazy Chinamen.....weeeehoooo it's gonna be interdasting.

I think once we see Gen X's kids in the work force (which may have started but isn't quite there yet) we will see a lite resurgence in the traditional ways and good work ethic. Hopefully we can reverse some of this insanity we all have allowed to take hold in our society.

Just remember how we got here every single time you see something that isn't right, or something that shouldnt be..... We got here by all of us who know what's right and wrong "not wanting to cause a scene, or not wanting to mess with it".... our silence is consent. Stop consenting to what we know is wrong! It might cost you business, it might cost you friends.... What our silent consent has cost us all so far is a whole hell of a lot more!
It’s true. I’m just short of 50, and reaping the rewards of my parents and their peers (70’s) decisions around voting, world views, money and university education over the last 50 years. I didn’t get it until my mid 40’s when the $$ didn’t cover the costs of family. My generation have a choice, easy button and kick the ball down the road, or man up and make our last 20 years actions vs fear for our children’s sake.

Over 66%of the entire federal budget goes to entitlement spending, all created by democrats, because they're too inept to run their own life w/o handouts.

Read up on Cloward-Piven. They're not even trying to disguise it now.

OK let's start with your social security and medicare lol.

Not gonna happen.

Spending is going UP, it ain't going down.

If you can't run your own life, and accept the consequences of your choices, you should give power of attorney to a more responsible person, or join a group home, where the most strenuous thing you do is play board games, or perhaps knit a potholder, if they think you can he trusted with pointy objects, instead of incorrectly assuming everyone else shares your deficiencies.

Reactions: AMG50

When I was a teen gas was 1$ a gallon and me and some friends rented a house for 700 bucks a month. I worked a part time job as a computer tech for 15$ an hour using an ROP certification while going to college for 2800$ a year tuition at sac state. Now that house is 2500$ and that job is probably 18$ an hour. College who the fuck knows, 8k-10k a year for CSU counting books and everything is my guess.

At the rate we are going it might as well be pesos instead of dollars.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
OK let's start with your social security and medicare lol.

Not gonna happen.

Spending is going UP, it ain't going down.

SS is structured identically to the ponzi scheme that sent Bernie Madhoff to prison.
If you spend 30-40 years of your life working and give no thought to saving for a time when age or infirmities prevent you from working to support yourself, you are a pathetic loser who deserves to live under a bridge, eating Alpo.

SS is structured identically to the ponzi scheme that sent Bernie Madhoff to prison.
If you spend 30-40 years of your life working and give no thought to saving for a time when age or infirmities prevent you from working to support yourself, you are a pathetic loser who deserves to live under a bridge, eating Alpo.

Everybody pays into it, of course they want their money out of it. No politician will ever cut it because they like to get reelected. Like I said that spending is only going UP from here.

REITs can be great and....darn it they can fail just like any investment. Do you mind if I ask which REIT you owned that went south?
My brokerage had me in hospitality investors trust and some others, but that one went broke.

The deputy secretary at the US Treasury has put Americans on notice that the only way to end the plague of empty shelves around the country is for every resident to be vaccinated. The frank warning came off as a threat to many.
Wally Adeyemo, the Biden administration’s second-highest official in the Treasury Department, appeared to publicly blackmail the still-sizable portion of Americans who have not been vaccinated against Covid-19 during a Thursday ABC interview, seemingly blaming them for the ongoing shortages of consumer goods…

Hmmmm... an interesting tidbit of propaganda.

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
Everybody pays into it, of course they want their money out of it. No politician will ever cut it because they like to get reelected. Like I said that spending is only going UP from here.
Nobody "pays into" SS. Current payments go to current recipients.

My brokerage had me in hospitality investors trust and some others, but that one went broke.
Ugh sorry to hear that HIT has been a black hole for years I only know of them b/c I'll see a periodic news feed on the progress of lawsuits. I'm assuming you have been in that for a long time? When was the last time your FA purchased any of that? These guys were a shit show long b/f covid.

Last edited:
I heard 90m empty units, but what's a few million between investor friend?
Very well could be and in reality the only people who probably know the accurate numbers would never say(CCP) or are under threat of execution for divulging(Evergrande officers). My gut tells me China is playing a bit of chicken with these real estate speculators. CCP have openly stated there is too much wealth concentration so letting these companies bleed sends a message. How much carnage to they let unfold b/f stepping in who knows

Was just catching up on some reading and thought of this thread. If you ever get the bug to research deeper into your FA's choices on existing REIT holdings I would highly recommend taking a look at these guys they have a fantastic track record. If your FA was willing to invest in that aforementioned REIT.....I would not assume they would not take unnecessary risk and do it again. You can get free articles that are not behind the paywall and maybe what you still own might be covered in there. One of the primary reasons I stopped paying an FA was b/c I was fortunate enough to have friends in the business at smaller boutique firms who encouraged me to do it. They were once with big institutional brokerage firms and left for the flexibility to put clients into a mix with a lot less volatility akin to what they invest in on a personal level. Once I found out most of these yoyos will take exponentially more risk with other people's money than they do with their own the switch flipped. If you could look at the beta of their portfolio vs what they have you in with the identical sector and stock/bond allocations you'd probably puke. Maybe you are already with a smaller firm who is giving you the right guidance and they just screwed up.....we all do it and it's gonna happen from time to time they can't all be winners. Just thought I'd drop this in here for your down time reading just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDopes
wood the only white meat left on the shelves at the stores lol