• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

INFO ON THE NEW MARK 13

THUNDERBOLT68

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2009
TEXAS
Does anyone know what the new MARK 13 look like.

I thought I saw one at SHOT in a AI AX Chassis system.

Is the the current Mod.

Re: INFO ON THE NEW MARK 13

The one I saw was just a standard 5/8 thread with thread protector. I heard They are getting away from the Can they are using. ?????

There are a few threads on the new Mod 6 version...but few actual pics. Last I heard, there were still some specs up in the air.

Basics:

Stiller MK 13 action (similar to a Tac 300)
Lilja barrel (Similar profile but modified to accept new cans from AAC and Surefire
Remington X Mark Pro trigger
AICS AX Chasis

Questions that never seem to get clearly answered:

1. Chamber/Reamer specs- MK 248 Mod 1 is hot...
2. Optic seems to be customer driven depending on who the end user is going to be
3. AAC vs Surefire cans...and mounts
4. Accesories (bipod, IR, mounts, etc.)

Good luck finding details.

All the mk 13's I've seen have Nightforces on top

Perhaps the folks at Surefire will chime in....I think they may have one.

I don't have one and I don't think the company does either.

Chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps the folks at Surefire will chime in....I think they may have one. </div></div>

I thought AAC got the contract? That's at least what their website claims.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knight_Who_Says_Ni</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps the folks at Surefire will chime in....I think they may have one. </div></div>

I thought AAC got the contract? That's at least what their website claims. </div></div>

Both SureFire and AAC were awarded the contract and the individual unit has the choice of their preferred suppressor.

The kac can is going away...finally. It was problematic at best.

Does Knights sell the MK13 can to civilians? The first long range shot I took was with a MK13 with the kac can and nightforce and ever since then I want to build one. I was allowed to shoot it after helping out with some M32 problems they were having.

Surefire, Is the can they are using on the Mark 13 Mod 6.