• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Information on bases on 6.5 CM

Big joe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
i just bought a 6.5 creedmoor and looking for suggestions on bases, im hoping to shoot it at 1000 yards and maybe eventually trying to shoot a mile just to see if i can do it which will be way down the road. Im planning on buying the NF bases, wondering if i should buy 20 or 30 MOA bases

i guess NF doesnt make 30 MOA so still wondering if i should try to find some or stick to 20MOA

Which scope will you be using? I ask because first we need to know how much total travel you'll have in it. Then we divide by two to get a rough estimate of how much useable elevation you'll have. Then we can add a 20 or 30 or 40 MOA rail to get you to a mile, depending on what your dope is for your given load.

I shoot a mile with a 6.5 CM. I have a Razor which has about the most internal adjustment available. I shoot a mile at 6000'. With a 20 MOA rail I have enough turret adjustment with out using the reticle holdover.(barely)

20 is definitely enough for 1000.
30 is handy for a mile.
Scope choice and available elevation in scope needs to be considered.

Put your details in 4dof or a calculator of your choice and you can experiment with different ranges and loads to see what you’ll need. I shoot 6.5cm with a 20moa rail and 20 moa mount with a zco 527. At 1250 yrds I still have a lot left in the scope. Have not actually checked to see exactly how much.

Last edited: