• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inletting AI AICS chassis for Sako TRG-42

gol1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2008
ISRAEL
Hi All
I saw AI offers the AICS for TIKKA and was wondering if the AICS chassis can be inleted for SAKO TRG-42 0.338?
I will enjoy both worlds while cutting mags price and having a folding system which I find more comfortable and less cumbersome.
what do you think?

Hi All
I saw AI offers the AICS for TIKKA and was wondering if the AICS chassis can be inleted for SAKO TRG-42 0.338?
I will enjoy both worlds while cutting mags price and having a folding system which I find more comfortable and less cumbersome.
what do you think?

Not that this is an answer, but the Cadex Strike Dual Chassis is available for the TRG now. Its pricey but very well built and comfortable.

Hi All
what do you think?

Welcome to KRG

They also have a folding stock that will bolt right to the existing TRG chassis.

I personally find the ergonomics of the TRG/KRG fits me much better than the AICS does.
And spending more money (on a new chassis) to be able to buy cheaper magazines does not make a whole lot of sense to me?

Thank you for your posts, as mentioned in my previous message I really feel that the AICS ergonomics suits me better than the Sako or KRG folders.
the Ashbury option is very nice but as mentioned I feel it's a bit pricey for me.
the saving for the magazines is only a side bonus.
I think that if nobody has done it before' I will take the measurements and will give it a try

It wouldn't be too difficult to do. I've done a Sako 85 and Tikka chassis, it's just a matter of getting hold of a sample rifle to measure up to make the centre block for the action to sit into.

Not to bring this back from the dead. Wondering if anyone was offering machine work to make this happen.

1. I love the AX chassis
2. I hate the price of TRG mags..

You can easily spend the price of our chassis and the APO one combined trying to make that work. A couple points to note:
-The TRG-42 action is longer and a larger diameter than a T3
-The mag is long and skinny vs short and fat for the T3
-The trigger on a TRG has the guard built in which is what houses the mag catch. The guard on the AX is polymer and built into the grip, and the metal magazine well houses the mag catch.
-Rumor is TRG mag prices are coming down. Yeah I know, we'll see.
-Anything can be made to work with enough money thrown at it so if you're wealthy, make it happen and post up some pics in the TRG thread!
Justin

my first trg-42 was a green stock, but i never got comfortable behind it.
i looked into this years ago...should have asked LRI. everyone said they couldnt do it etc.
thats when i ran into XLR chassis.
i called them up and i sent my TRG-42 to them and they made the first chassis for a TRG off my action.
never got comfortable behind that one either, so i picked up a APO chassis.
that actually worked out pretty well, then my brother was begging me for it so i gave it to him.

Well seeing we’re revived a necro thread,what about a TIkka T3X in an AICS AX chassis?