• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inletting an HS Precision stock for M5 DBM

johnjacob

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2014
FL
Ive got a Rem 700P that Ive been wanting to put DBM on. Does anyone know if you have to remove any of the aluminum bedding block on the hs precision stock when inletting for for M5? I've been going back and forth on whether or not I want to sell the hs and just buy a McMillan stock pre-inletted since I know I am eventually going to upgrade my stock or just go ahead and inlet the hs precision. Also if there are are any tutorials I would appreciate a link. Thanks

I put a CDI on one of my 700P's (.308) last year and I had to remove a little aluminum in order to get it to sit right. You can do it yourself if you take your time and don't just hack at it.

I put a CDI on one of my 700P's (.308) last year and I had to remove a little aluminum in order to get it to sit right. You can do it yourself if you take your time and don't just hack at it.

Definitely doable if you're good with hand tools, I put in a Surgeon DBM with two dremels once. Two because I burned the first one up halfway through. I had to remove a lot more aluminum than I did with the PT&G I put in last week (with a milling machine), but it's definitely not a project I want to tackle again. Came out perfect though, better than the one I'd just paid a site member to do for me.

AO did mine. Turned out great.

This shot is from today at the range.

Ryan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 73
Badger charges $75 to inlet for their M5, returned shipped back to you in 7 days.
It is a no brainer, send it to them. It is done right and fast, by pro's who made
the dbm you want to use anyway.

I did an m5 inlet for a PTG bottom metal on my B&C light tactical and I had to remove quite a bit of aluminum. All told probably 6 hours dremel-izing and a couple hours cleaning it up and getting it all bedded but it came out clean. In the future I will buy my stocks Inletted for the bottom metal I intend to use.

Last edited:
Badger charges $75 to inlet for their M5, returned shipped back to you in 7 days.
It is a no brainer, send it to them. It is done right and fast, by pro's who made
the dbm you want to use anyway.

This. I've used them a couple of times and would not hesitate to do it again. Easy and it is done correctly.