• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Inmates strike back

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Dont mean to offend anyone but this is cute, and pretty damn creative.

vermont_police_uni.jpg

(Reuters) - Inmates working at a Vermont correctional unit's print shop managed to sneak a prank image of a pig into a state police crest that is emblazoned on police cars, and 30 cruisers sported the design for the last year, officials said on Thursday.

The official crest depicts a spotted cow against a background of snowy mountains, but the inmates' version featured one of the cow's spots shaped like a pig in an apparent reference to the pejorative word for police, state police spokeswoman Stephanie Dasaro said.

Vermont contracts with correctional facilities employing prisoners to make some print products, including the cruiser decals. Police said someone who works at the print shop changed the emblem from the officially sanctioned design.

A police employee noticed the prank on Wednesday and reported it. Police said the 60 16-inch door decals would be removed as soon as it was practical.

The "source and timing" of the change to the design is under investigation, Dasaro said.

"While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers," Police Major Bill Sheets said in a statement.

Re: Inmates strike back

They have nothing but time to think stuff like this up. Surprised it took them that long to catch on.

Logo looks like it's from South Park anyway ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers," Police Major Bill Sheets said in a statement.</div></div>
    Or you could just leave it there Bill, it's not hurting anything but your pride.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. That'll do pig, that'll do. </div></div>

+1 lol they should just leave it be, people need a sense of humor, especially when it doesnt hurt anyone.

We're laughing our tails off at this. By 'we' I mean VT's LE community.

Except of course for the State Police. They have no sense of humor that they are aware of.

Kudos to the sharp-eyed Trooper who spotted it, though. That 'image' on the car doors is really tiny. Someone's gonna make detective!

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm17</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers," Police Major Bill Sheets said in a statement.</div></div>
    Or you could just leave it there Bill, it's not hurting anything but your pride. </div></div>

Ya proofed them, bought them, put them on the cars - deal with them - it's funny

It's like having a Satanist working in a Bible print shop.

If they can figure out how to sneak in weapons, drugs, etc, surely you don't trust them with photoshop?

I deal with inmates everyday. Mine are juveniles, so they are still honing their skills. I found this funny. I think they should have kept it as a reminder of their own mistake. BTW, what are those three turd looking things across from the cow? That crest is terrible at best.

And they are probably thinking, "we made national news because of this?" haha

then again it is better than what Montana usually makes national news over.

I say leave it and enjoy the laugh.

Talk about a really slow news day in VT!
    laugh.gif

Also love how this thread is right above the HAM thread.
    smile.gif

I laughed and have been laughing every day since it hit the news. As someone already mentioned, it was looked at, accepted, the order given, placed on the cars, THEN they figured it out??? BWAAA HAHAHAHAHA, it's too freakin funny! If I were teh goveernor, I would make them leave it alone until it pays for itself...in wise cracks from anyone who knows about....oh man it's just too freakin funny!

Really, they should just laugh about it and carry on. I remember 35 years ago or so, some town had a softball game between the pigs and the hippies...... that was what they called their respective teams.. Dont remember who won, but it promoted good will. Apparently, as Sirhr noted...

"Except of course for the State Police. They have no sense of humor that they are aware of."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm17</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers," Police Major Bill Sheets said in a statement.</div></div>
    Or you could just leave it there Bill, it's not hurting anything but your pride. </div></div>

if they honestly make the tax payers fix this ........

I would think the onus of cost should go to the individuals who inspected, then authorized, then authorized payment, not the tax payers. IF I were a taxpayer in that AO, I would vehemently ask the City/County/State to NOT allow this to go to the tax payers

Thats funny right there.... Im LE but i can still appreciate the hummor in this. If you cant laugh at youself your probably a miserable person.

Once you commit a crime and are convicted for one should revoke all privileges as an American Citizen. In this example we must learn from our third world country to the south. It is well known that inmates on that side of the border have basic amenities. Water,rice, and a toilet. If you have a co-morbidity that requires pharmacological treatment, you better have family that loves you. This is because the facility will not provide you with such things. aside from the three things stated above, if you need anything extra your family must purchase it for you. If you cant afford it Ooh F..kn well! It pisses me off that my grandmother needs to spend all that she has to get dental work and these fuckheads get everything they need. I am in the 30% tax bracket and I know that theses lazy good for nothing human petri-dishes are curb-worming of my hard earned money.so the fact that they can work in these institutions and get paid " and obviously have to much time on there hands" pisses me off. they should be confined to a cell all fucken day.
    I feel better now.

buy A $1.99 permanent brown marker and have a explorer spent 10 minutes modifying the shape of the pig.
    Why this made the news is beyond belief.