• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Input on Optics

Ringman308

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2012
East Tx
I need a scope for a new rifle.
I've got Redfield, Simmons, Nikon, Leupold, Trijicon - had Bushies in the past.
I've extend my hog setups to 500+ and increased 2nd/3rd hits on targets hanging around or coming back in within a short period of time. Been thinking of moving out to 1,000.
Looking at used NF, Vortex, IOR, and USO.
Problem is NF is the only one I've looked through at the range. Thinking of going with mil/mil.

Re: Input on Optics

I'm in the same boat. I bought a savage model 12 bench rifle. I'm wanting to shoot f class competition. But clueless on optics on this platform.

Actually I two without scopes both in 308.
Savage 10 and DPMS.
Hoping to get the DPMS accurate enough for 1,000 shots.
24" bull
Timney trigger
Heavy buffer with mod buffer spring.
If I can't get the DPMS to shoot 1,000, I'll mod the Savage.

If you are looking for a NF I am thinking of selling my extra NXS 5.5-20X50 with ZS and HS turrets MLR reticle and Mil turrets, Butler Creek caps and box with NF 1.375 rings. Send me a message if you are interested.

All the ones you have listed are great scope I do not see you going wrong with any of them.

Nightforce has been proven to be a rock solid scope
Vortex offer some great features
IOR offers some great glass and nice turrets
USO is built like a tank
I would also recommend looking at Kahles and Steiner.

We have almost all of them in stock so if we can be of help please let me know. 916.670.1103.

Mike @ CST

Thanks Mike at CST.
I sure would like to get input from some users, especially from folks who have used the equipment for hunting.
Thanks for the offer Kevinjs1. I'll keep you in mind.