• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Input on scope selection

StangPwr71

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2022
portland, or
Looking for a scope for my 338 Lapua 26" bbl
i had a Vortex Viper 6-24 on it and will be sending it back, it keeps chasing adjustements.

I am looking in the 800-1200$ range
FFP
Mrad turrets.
Would like 30mils or so of elevation adjustment.
decent reticle for holdovers
looking to go 1000m and further

if possible mid to high quality. i know this isnt the right price point, may upgrade in the future and put this on my 7mm Mag.

How far you plan on shooting?

I saw that but what do you consider further? 1200, 1500, a mile, 2000? Just wondering for amount of elevation needed.

I ran some generic data with a 300 ATip and a 250 BTHP both at 2800fps and it went from about 18.4 mils to 24.5 mils needed for a mile. I know my 7mmRM with 180 elds at 2797fps took 20.4 mils to a mile. Seeing all this I would say check out the Burris XTR IIIi 5.5-30. It is at the top of your price range but can be had for about $50 more new from Liberty Optics. Has 26 mils and an excellent hold reticle and a reputation for being a tough scope.