• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Insanity?

theriddler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
South Dakota
Any body insanity? If so what are the results?

Once i get back from afghanistan ill be looking at a program like insanity and p90x to shed some weight. Just curious if anyone has any experience.

Re: Insanity?

I have done P90X for several years now. (Not all year long) I just do the 90 days once a year. But I have had excellent results with the program This year I decided to try the insanity program. I will tell you that it is certainly insane. You have to have a fairly good level of fitness to really start the program. The warm ups are enough to male u think What have I gotten myself into. My only problem with it was I didnt notice any weight loss until the second month. kind of dissapointing after busting your rear end every day. But i ended up loosing about 8 ponds. I also didnt follow the diet very. I finished the insanity two weeks ago, took a week off and started P90X again. This reallly seems to be paying off as I know have the cardio performance necessary to really crush the weight lifting excercises. I recommend boith programs. They are boith very good

Currently half way through insanity. It is a very good intense cardio workout.

You're not going to gain a bunch of bulk and muscle but if your looking at losing weight insanity and a good diet should do it.

I use it because I travel for a living and its something I can do in my Hotel room with no equipment. The workouts are fairly short, around 35 minutes, and are much better than just sitting on the treadmill or elliptical for the same amount of time.

I started Insanity about 6 seeks ago. I've been very happy with the results. I'm 6' tall and weighed around 190 lbs. After the first month I have lost probably ten pounds. And that is not doing the diet. I chose Insanity for the same reason rrflyer did. I'm an airline pilot and I really like the fact that I don't need weights, bands or anything else to do the workout. Being on the road and a healthy diet don't exactly go hand in hand.

I was in really bad shape when I started and couldn't even come close to just finishing the warm up. I got really sick in Feb and had to take two weeks off. I decided just to start over the beginning today after trying the second month (which bumps up the workouts to an hour or so versus 40 minutes the first month) and it about killed me. I can do the warm up now and the workouts are not nearly as bad as when I first started.

I did a lot of yard work this weekend that would have killed me last summer and it wasn't nearly as bad since I started Insanity and being in much better shape. Not to mention the wife has said she definitely notices a difference in my body.

I would highly recommend Insanity.

I have seen the infomercials about it and it got my attention. I thought the same thing as LR1971 said, you have to be in decent shape to begin with. I have about 30-40lbs of fat to lose before I start that.

I'm so tired of hearing Insanity and px90 this and that. I don't know one person that actually got fit from buying that DVD. Put your money in a gym membership and get motivated. That'll be the best bang for your dollar.

Dave-

Fasted Cardio in the morning as soon as you wake up. Just walk on a tread mill for 45 minutes. Find out where your "fat burn" heart rate is and keep it there.

Cycle your carbs as well. If you don't know what that is, and you want to know, ask away.

Also, don't eat any carbs after 5pm

Jeff

personally i got into crossfit...cost nothing, and based on how hard you put it out it can give you just the same results...WOD hell yea get some go again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pistolpete75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so tired of hearing Insanity and px90 this and that. I don't know one person that actually got fit from buying that DVD. Put your money in a gym membership and get motivated. That'll be the best bang for your dollar.</div></div>

I know plenty of people who used p90x with great results. Some of us dont have the time to get out to a gym and work out for hours on end. For people like that p90x is a great tool.

Im friends with a college running back and he used p90x in his spare time and it kicked his ass. He shreaded weight and toned up using p90x along with his normal football work out.. The shit works.

Thanks for the info on insanity. Ill start out with p90x and roll into Insanity after the 90 days than once finished with insanity start p90x again.

Agreed...I've did Insanity last year and stopped at Day 78 because my knees started hurting.

If you've got bad knees, a lot of these exercises can aggravate them as quite a lot of jumping is involved. I'd recommend good shoes or performing these exercises on carpet, although that carpet will get plenty dirty quick!

The pool of sweat on my garage floor after every session resembled a lake.

I started early February 2011 weighing 188 pounds at 5'11". Stopped sometime mid-April and weighed in at 176 pounds.

The bulk of the weight loss was from around Day 20, I think...somewhere there when I was in awe looking at the scale.

It's a GREAT workout! I'm gonna start this regimen all over again next month. The increase in core strength and hamstrings after doing Insanity for a few weeks is noticeable; it's easier getting in and out of a low car, and bending or squatting down to work on something on the ground is no longer a hassle!

i was a coach for beachbody, the makers of p90x, and insanity, i`ve seen lots of people benefit from the courses, sean t, and tony horton, are very good at what they do, you won`t be sorry if you get the sets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pistolpete75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so tired of hearing Insanity and px90 this and that. I don't know one person that actually got fit from buying that DVD. Put your money in a gym membership and get motivated. That'll be the best bang for your dollar. </div></div>

You have an interesting perspective. My experience is exactly the opposite. I know way more people who have had positive results with P90x than I have seen make any real changes in the gym.

i haven't used insanity but I'm doing P90x and if you stick with it and eat right you will have big results, guaranteed, it has worked for me

I tried it in afghanistan, definitely get good shoes, I wrecked my knee after about 6 weeks. Great program if you wanted to lose weight, but you wont get any bigger. Just watch out for overdoing it on the joints, its very high intensity.

I tried insanity for about a month and a half (wife got it as a new years resolution). As a smaller guy 5'6" 150 lbs, it was great for cardio and conditioning, but I was not building any muscle mass to speak of. When I returned to the gym, I did however notice an increase in my cardio abilities, as well as better flexibility. I am hoping to mix up lifting and insanity over the summer and see what kind of results I get. I will say that the insanity was nice as it was an intense workout in a short amount of time, which worked great for me in January and February as those are very busy times at work.

I've done both P90x and am in the early stages of insanity. Both are great. Can you lose weight/build muscle without them? Sure! You can't beat the ease and convenience of working out in your house/room/apt though. So you pay $100, that is about 2-3 months of a gym membership. When I started p90x I was 6'3" 250 and after a few months I was down to 215. Well, life and laziness kicked in and I am back to 240. So I wanted to try insanity. I am over the want of large muscle and just want to be lean and healthy.

With carbs generally if you want to lose weight you should consume less than 60g of carbs a day.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff Given</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave-

Fasted Cardio in the morning as soon as you wake up. Just walk on a tread mill for 45 minutes. Find out where your "fat burn" heart rate is and keep it there.

Cycle your carbs as well. If you don't know what that is, and you want to know, ask away.

Also, don't eat any carbs after 5pm

Jeff</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pistolpete75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so tired of hearing Insanity and px90 this and that. I don't know one person that actually got fit from buying that DVD. Put your money in a gym membership and get motivated. That'll be the best bang for your dollar. </div></div>

Perhaps that is because you work out in a gym and you probably hang out with people that work out in a gym. Explain to me how paying for something once that you can use as many times as you want for the rest of your life is a bad investment compared to a gym that costs you money every month and requires you (at least where I live) to drive and spend money on gas in order to get to the gym. I don't think you understand the term "bang for your dollar".

However, it is fun to watch all of the fat "body builders" waddle into the gym to do a bunch of curls and bench exercises. Those guys are almost worth the price of admission for a gym!