• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Inside the ear electronic ear protection???

MikeinLA

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
I already have over the head electronic ear protection. Sometimes I bump them with my rifle stock. I would like to purchase inside the ear electronic ear protection. Any recommendations??

I have a pair of sport ears. They own a hearing aide company out of Salt Lake City, UT. So they custom fit you for them and if you do have any hearing loss they will adjust the hearing aids accordingly. There are 4 settings as well. They work great! I love them over the old Peltors that I had. They are expensive though.

ESP any of there models. I have been wearing them for 5 years now and they are truly the best on the market!!

Surefire makes them at a reasonable price but if your running large caliber guns it can get uncomfortably loud.

Plus one on ESP inner ear protectors. I've had mine almost one year now and really like them. Great investment!!

Shane

Mikey,

Are you saying that when you have your headphones on and accidentally bump them up against your stock that the resulting hit makes your ears ring inside your headphones?
If that is the case you are going to have to start taking the whole protection thing pretty seriously. I recommend that you determine if you actually need to be amplifying sound while in your headphone to hear conversations.
If you don't need to by professional or range requirements, then just go with a higher NRR than the ESP is rated for, say NRR true 24. You will save BIG money and honestly the dB generated by a stock strike (high 80s) may be below or right at the ESP crossover point .
Its not that the ESP doesn't transition quickly, it just that your ringing may be coming in below the 90-95 dB crossover in which case you would be amplified.
A quick test, if one cant hear a conversation through an NRR 24, they are already suffering from major loss.
Double up anyway and always.

Last edited: