• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Insite Arms Brake & Tuner Combo

If you are new to long range shooting and reloading, I think you need to skip tuners for now.

Focus on making quality repeatable reloads, shooting fundamentals, and learn internal and external ballistics.

Adding another variable that shifts POI and group size is too many variables to play with at the beginning of this journey.
I agree with your answer. But that does not answer the question.
I dont know how good I need to be.I shoot nearly everyday for the last 14 months. I was able to retire pretty young. The range I shoot at is 5 minutes from my house.It currently only has a long distance of 620 yards. The best Ive been able to accomplish in a 5 shot group at 600 yards in 5 inside a one inch bullseye with my 6.5 Creedmoor and my 6.5 PRC. We are trying to get the range to put in a 1000 or 1200 yard range.We have over a 2 mile stretch. Its wooded currently. Our CEO said if we get enough members wanting it we might get it.Im working on it.,
As to reloading.Just started last June...So Im just learning.I am trying to buy the best dies I can.
Thank you for your reply.

I dont know how good I need to be.I shoot nearly everyday for the last 14 months. I was able to retire pretty young. The range I shoot at is 5 minutes from my house.It currently only has a long distance of 620 yards. The best Ive been able to accomplish in a 5 shot group at 600 yards in 5 inside a one inch bullseye with my 6.5 Creedmoor and my 6.5 PRC. We are trying to get the range to put in a 1000 or 1200 yard range.We have over a 2 mile stretch. Its wooded currently. Our CEO said if we get enough members wanting it we might get it.Im working on it.,
As to reloading.Just started last June...So Im just learning.I am trying to buy the best dies I can.
With a good rifle and good reloads, I haven't seen any improvement in precision with a tuner.

I think there's more opportunity with factory ammo or .22's, but I haven't personally tested that.

We make a self timing brake and it's compatible with a tuner we make. You will be able to buy it as a unit, and it ends up being a combo brake/tuner. We have been messing with them for nearly 18months.

We will be launching them (officially) at the first Australian PRS match for this year, along with a few other things (we hope).

We are aware of others who have a similar design, and we like that there is other people innovating similarly, but in other ways.

Multiple people make arca-rails. We all know who holds the patent for the dimensions. Perhaps as a community we should help each other, not..... The opposite.

if your shooting 1" groups at 600yds then your loads and shooting skills are damn good and id suggest that what ever your doing to keep doing it.

now as far as a tuner goes different disciplines use them for different reasons....i just started using a tuner about 1500 rounds ago....i use to replace seating tests.
as i said if you really are shooting 1" or even 2" groups at 600yds i would not change a thing until it stops shooting that well.

Reactions: Stoweit and iceng
My current theory on tuners is they are for factory ammo and rimfire setups. A good hand load which is properly tuned had very little benefit.

Another theory I have and am testing is that a tuner helps show load / barrel potential. Meaning, if you have a basic load, with a velocity node with good ES/SD, but no real powder tune, or seating depth or neck tension testing, the tuner will help show potential group size of that barrel / load combo. Only have 2 barrels data worth so far, but the theory does sort of hold true. Need to get to 10+ barrels with different cartridges, projectiles and powder before you could even think of confirming it, so a year or 3 perhaps at my current speed.

They have a place, but are not for everyone.

My understanding is the tuner can replace the seating depth test.

The seating depth test is to match bullet exit timing with barrel harmonics;

The tuner changes barrel harmonics to match the bullet exit timing of a bullet already seated at a given depth

So the tuner will work for hand loads or factory ammo

My understanding is the tuner can replace the seating depth test.

The seating depth test is to match bullet exit timing with barrel harmonics;

The tuner changes barrel harmonics to match the bullet exit timing of a bullet already seated at a given depth

So the tuner will work for hand loads or factory ammo

This is my understanding as well. But there's also some sort of black magic going on in that you can "tune" different powder charges too. Cool stuff.

If anyone hasn't checked out the vids Paul Reid did on his EC tuner, do it... pretty rad.

I'd like to think I've become such a Jedi Master in the reloading room that I don't need one... but I'm probably getting one.

I can think of at least a few instances where even a reloading Jedi could use one, for instance: Like a lot of guys I load rounds in batches, usually 100 or 200rds. If it starts to feel like something is off and my gun is shooting shitty, but I'm only halfway through the first 50rds of the batch, it'd give me an option for hopefully fixing it a bit instead of just having to burn through the rest of the rounds in the batch stuck having to live with it, etc...

Could also make one crazy too, sometimes it's better to just go shoot lol.

Last edited:
^^^makes sense. If the tuner changes harmonics, and increasing powder charge changes the bullet muzzle exit timing, changing barrel harmonics to match the bullet exit timing for that powder charge makes sense.

Reactions: CK1.0
To circle back...any patent infringement issues?

my gut says no, but waiting

^^^makes sense. If the tuner changes harmonics, and increasing powder charge changes the bullet muzzle exit timing, changing barrel harmonics to match the bullet exit timing for that powder charge makes sense.

Exactly. (y)

It's just like science, man.

Honestly though, as someone who worked in audio I should have got it sooner, I'd never really given the whole concept of barrel harmonics much thought, and now it makes so much sense to me! Theoretically, I guess there's probably also an optimal resonant low-octave frequency for one's load and/or rifle too..? wrap your noodle around that shit lol!

Last edited:
I just dropped off my 338 RPR at Sterling Precision LLC to be re-barreled with a 32 inch, 1:9 K&P and having it threaded for an Insite Tuner/brake. Looking forward to this awesomeness!

Reactions: kthomas
The Insite Tuners for the 1.125" & 0.995 Heathens are online now and available. The .885 is a few more weeks away.
Available in Black Nitride, Stainless and brushed Stainless.
Any questions please feel free to call anytime 780.808.1117

The Insite Tuners for the 1.125" & 0.995 Heathens are online now and available. The .885 is a few more weeks away.
Available in Black Nitride, Stainless and brushed Stainless.
Any questions please feel free to call anytime 780.808.1117
Sorry new website and correct link:

I wish I had the deer chewing popcorn meme.
F945B5A7-021A-4F66-B374-FA6A4433B395.gif

Ok I use the small lite insite on my hunting rifles, if I’m not using a Ti brake.
They are not 100% as good at controlling the middle like a 419; but way lighter and the first baffle does redirect some of the blast.

not every brake is the best for situation, but I am a fan especially for hunting.

Blatant copy.
You should not be talking about who coppied who if i wanted to push the issue. I desigened and made the first horizontal port tuner brake on the market. And have documented proof of that. Designed and made 5 years ago.

Attachments

• 20201208_223241_03.jpg
    20201208_223241_03.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 114
  • received_482575409376233.jpeg
    received_482575409376233.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
You should not be talking about who coppied who if i wanted to push the issue. I desigened and made the first horizontal port tuner brake on the market. And have documented proof of that. Designed and made 5 years ago.
You can send one for testing any time you’re ready 😆

Where could one find more info on these?

POST the Patent Numbers & Dates so we can look it up. If you are correct I will stand Corrected with an Apology to go with it.

Already been tested and proven. 5 elr matches wone last year by 4 different guys using my tuner brake
I was joking, I’m not good enough to test anything for anyone more than likely.

I believe team sterling was. pete contacus and his spotter Greg team sterling is Jessie Cook, Curtin Roman and Joe kasier

Last edited:
It means the people who won, knew their gear well, and read the enviro's well.

Give any top level PRS / NRL a factory tikka tac A1 in 6CM, or ruger precision in 6cm, or even a howa in APC in 6cm, they will still probably finish top 10.

Reactions: badassgunworks
It means the people who won, knew their gear well, and read the enviro's well.

Give any top level PRS / NRL a factory tikka tac A1 in 6CM, or ruger precision in 6cm, or even a howa in APC in 6cm, they will still probably finish top 10.
Yes and a lot of them use tuners. And knowing there equipments and how to use a tuner is part of it. A very competitive person will learn and take advantage of anything that gives them a edge. That does not exclude quality load devlopment And equipment the top guys dont use bottom end equipment there is a reason why.

Reactions: iceng
Absolutely agree. Once you are top end, little things matter. Tuner, bipod feet, the material used on your shooting bag, the fill used in said bag, etc..

Notice i said 6cm, and thats a "best case factory offering". Its not much, but of those top10, if it was in their cartridge of choice, say 6br / 6bra / 6x47lap / 6xc 6gt, or whatever, they might get an extra point per day, so 2 points per weekend, which is 3rd to 6th place (potentially), or it could be less time for cleaning a timed stage, so instead of 72.xx seconds, maybe 68.xx, for a 10 shot stage. 4 seconds is smaller than half a second per target, but little things all add up.

The type of brake, tuner, even what reticle they use make small incrimental changes, and at the pointy end, it all matters.