• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Insomniacs

Are you wanting a separate forum or just starting a thread.

Not 2nd shift here, just don't sleep well. Work...what ever, when ever it takes to get the job done.

Pulling all night writting sessions trying to finish my Masters Thesis. This is where I go when I need a break from researching.

Guns

I worked 3:30 to midnight for 6 years in the mid 1970s and 11p to 7a 10 years on the job I retired from. Now I sleep most nights.

I wish I worked day's. For the last 4 years I've been working 2:30pm -3/4am. Being a machinist is great but working these long hours is getting old. Its nice in the pockets but hard on the family.

I wish I worked day's. For the last 4 years I've been working 2:30pm -3/4am. Being a machinist is great but working these long hours is getting old. Its nice in the pockets but hard on the family.

That's what I was doing as well. The shift premium was good, but my wife finally bought me an electronic watch with the day of the week on it. Before that, I would get up around 6 or 7 pm and stumble through the house on the way to the bathroom and ask her if I had to work tonight? I got laid off in 1991 and went salary to keep my foot in the gate. I never had shift work again.

One thing about it. The last job I had before going to inspection was with some of the state of the art machines that were WONDERFUL. I did some really good work there.

Victor, yeah I'm doing a lot of tool and die work. Love the job and wouldn't mind getting into building my own receiver sometime. I mean lets be honest loving to shoot and being a machinist if I didn't build one it would be a waist of skills.

Well I've been away for the last few days. But now I'm back at it again. Its going to be another long week. 40 parts need to be shipped by Friday at 3pm. At 2+ hours of run time ill be working 15's this week. But several pulses to look forward to. Tomorrow ill be picking up my rem 700 r5 in 308. Also should get 500 .22 &.30 bullets in the mail.

Belletmoto your right. But I Probably won't get much sleep tonight. Excited for my new gun. Probably get the scope mounted after I pick it up

I have been on the DuPont schedule for 11 years now.. My body doesn't know when it's supposed to sleep anymore... Drives my wife crazy... Luckily I have the hide.