• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Installing a Timney Trigger

MWilliams96

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
I got a new Timney Single Stage Match trigger group for my AR, and am having the damndest time installing. I get dropping it in place, putting the trigger and hammer pins in, installing the safety, letting the hammer drop (CAREFULLY), and tightening the two screws on the gold housing.

My issue is once that is done, you are supposed to put two more screws on top of the other screws to hold them in place and prevent backout. The hammer spring is 100% in the way and I can not for the life of me figure out how I am supposed to do this.

Has anyone ever installed one and could shed some light on the PITA situation I am dealing with?

Re: Installing a Timney Trigger

They did thanks. i didnt want to pull the spring out of the way with the needle nose at this risk of hurting something.