• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Instructions for installing Rem700 Action to Stock

ksmith13

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2010
Tennessee
I want back 20 pages on here looking for the answers to this and all i found was: snug both screw's and then torque front screw then rear screw. Is there anything else I need to know about before my parts get here. I have ordered a Mcree stock to go on my Remington 700 VS. I also ordered a Magpul PRS to go on the Mcree, Scott told me to that i would need the tube so I ordered a A2 buffer tube, and a Fatwrench. If there is anything else I need, I want to get it all together so I can assemble it when everything gets here.

Thanks
Keith

Re: Instructions for installing Rem700 Action to Stock

I always install my actions with the muzzle pointing up as I tighten/torque actions screws so that the recoil lug is in full contact as the screws are fastened.

Basic stuff, but good to do every time.

You may also need an AR armorer's wrench to install the PRS. Of course, if your choice of McRee stock is magazine fed, you'll need at least one magazine to feed the action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may also need an AR armorer's wrench to install the PRS. Of course, if your choice of McRee stock is magazine fed, you'll need at least one magazine to feed the action. </div></div>

I watched a video on you tube of a guy installing a PRS and the buffer tube had a hex end on it so he could use a standard wrench, not sure if the one I ordered is the same way but I hope so. Also my stock comes with one mag and I ordered a second!! Thanks for the heads up.

I've used a 5 round AICS with my McRee stock as well as the 10 round MORTA mags -- both run like a top; with the only difference being that the MORTA mags are shorter for the same capacity as well as being significantly less expensive than the AICS.