• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Integrity rail or area 419 rail?

Hondo0975

Hondo
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2023
Indiana
Need help please.. I'm in beginning stages of acquiring components to build my 1st semi custom rifle. Currently ordered a mannors prs1tk stock with plans to put tikka ctr 24 inch stainless barreled action in. Gun will be used primarily as range gun but leaving the option open to potential use for prs matches in future. I'd planned to use the ingenuity rail with bipod adapter only, for now. Was informed that shooters are moving more so towards arca rails because of the vast options which I get. My problem is I've researched the reliability of both an seems to me some shooters have issues with bipods falling off picatinny rail. I also like that the ingenuity rail is recessed into the stock for a cleaner look an feel. I've read everything I can comparing these 2. I will buy everything from sorces that insure I'm not getting any knockoffs. I like the options that come with the arca rail but I'm very concerned about reliability of it as well as if I'd prefer the clean feel of the ingenuity rail. I just want to get this right the 1st time an make sure I don't have regrets. My questions are, is the ingenuity rail an bipod adapter more solid then then the area 419 rail with its adapter? Who's used both an what your opinions are on each? Has the issue with bipods falling off or bipod adapter coming loose been addressed? Any information is greatly appreciated an I do apologize for the long post..

Last edited:
Need help please.. I'm in beginning stages of acquiring components to build my 1st semi custom rifle. Currently ordered a mannors prs1tk stock with plans to put tikka ctr 24 inch stainless barreled action in. Gun will be used primarily as range gun but leaving the option open to potential use for prs matches in future. I'd planned to use the integrity rail with bipod adapter only, for now. Was informed that shooters are moving more so towards arca rails because of the vast options which I get. My problem is I've researched the reliability of both an seems to me some shooters have issues with bipods falling off picatinny rail. I also like that the integrity rail is receased into the stock for a cleaner look an feel. I've read everything I can comparing these 2. I will buy everything from sorces that insure I'm not getting any knockoffs. I like the options that come with the arca rail but I'm very concerned about reliability of it as well as if I'd prefer the clean feel of the integrity rail. I just want to get this right the 1st time an make sure I don't have regrets. My questions are, is the integrity rail an bipod adapter more solid then then the area 419 rail with its adapter? Who's used both an what your opinions are on each? Has the issue with bipods falling off or bipod adapter coming loose been addressed? Any information is greatly appreciated an I do apologize for the long post..
Are you talking about the Ingenuity Gunworks rail? Mine has been rock solid. I wouldn't choose a full arca rail over it.

Reactions: Hondo0975
Yes, my bad, not sure I over looked my spelling of that but ya thats what I'm interested in. I apologize for the typo.

Internet chat boards are great for a lot of things… this is one of the downsides. If anyone has “reliability issues” with their Arca rail (can’t believe I just typed that) they are using it incorrectly, just being negligent (ex. not tightening a clamp), or in rare cases, maybe have an OOS clamp.

I would say probably 99% of competitive shooters (and I mean guys that are competitive at matches not just competing in them), use Arca. And I’ve never seen anyone have a bipod or other accessory unintentionally come off… again, maybe with the exception of a guy or two that inadvertently left a clamp loose or whatever.

If I hear “PiC raILs ARe suPeRIoR bECaUsE StuFF cAnT FaLl OfF” I’m just going to assume that you’re a FUDD boomer. And that’s not to say that pic rails don’t have advantages or a place on modern rifles… but it’s a classic “I’ve never shot a match before and I’m going to assume that whatever the military uses is best” mindset.

The Ingenuity was cool tech a couple years ago, but you are overthinking this decision… go Arca.

Internet chat boards are great for a lot of things… this is one of the downsides. If anyone has “reliability issues” with their Arca rail (can’t believe I just typed that) they are using it incorrectly, just being negligent (ex. not tightening a clamp), or in rare cases, maybe have an OOS clamp.

I would say probably 99% of competitive shooters (and I mean guys that are competitive at matches not just competing in them), use Arca. And I’ve never seen anyone have a bipod or other accessory unintentionally come off… again, maybe with the exception of a guy or two that inadvertently left a clamp loose or whatever.

If I hear “PiC raILs ARe suPeRIoR bECaUsE StuFF cAnT FaLl OfF” I’m just going to assume that you’re a FUDD boomer. And that’s not to say that pic rails don’t have advantages or a place on modern rifles… but it’s a classic “I’ve never shot a match before and I’m going to assume that whatever the military uses is best” mindset.

The Ingenuity was cool tech a couple years ago, but you are overthinking this decision… go Arca.
Thank you, this is what I'm looking for. I wondered if some of the people having issues had bought cheaper knockoffs.

Please elaborate as to why you'd choose the ingenuity rail vs arca.
Its easy to use either pic or arca as they will both slide on the ingenuity rail with the adapter. You can also add a full length arca to the ingenuity rail if you want.

The ingenuity rail is made of hardened steel and is recesessed into the stock. It rides bags better and it's highly unlikely to be damaged. This is the way to go if you're using a stock, it allows you to utilize the benefit of the wider forend vs a chassis.

Reactions: Hondo0975