• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Interested In J. Allen Stock For My 700 SA

Re: Interested In J. Allen Stock For My 700 SA

I looked into them a lot before making my choice. They look like great chassis', but when all was said and done I had to go AICS as i've always wanted one.

I'd love to shoot one though.

the JAE has received rave review, but gets extremely pricey when you start adding options

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamesbern</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked into them a lot before making my choice. They look like great chassis', but when all was said and done I had to go AICS as i've always wanted one.

I'd love to shoot one though. </div></div>

Did you get the chance to check one out in person? I only ask because I have not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strike33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the JAE has received rave review, but gets extremely pricey when you start adding options </div></div>

I did see that. But my feeling is once you go over $1k for a stock, then I rather just get what I like rather than be pissed or questioning myself about it later. But looking at it on the web and looking cool on their site doesn't complete the sale. I would prefer other feedback also.

i was going to get this stock but they had a 10 month wait time when i called to order so needless to say i didnt get it ha i really like my XLR

When I spoke with them last week they told me that if I did the "want it now" stock with simple adds it would be less than 2 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I spoke with them last week they told me that if I did the "want it now" stock with simple adds it would be less than 2 weeks. </div></div>

This is true for the JAE-100 (M1A/M14), but the JAE-700 is quite a bit longer wait and doesn't have a "want it now" option yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhnmdahl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I spoke with them last week they told me that if I did the "want it now" stock with simple adds it would be less than 2 weeks. </div></div>

This is true for the JAE-100 (M1A/M14), but the JAE-700 is quite a bit longer wait and doesn't have a "want it now" option yet. </div></div>

Looking at their website I would agree, but I was speaking to her exclusively about the 700. But that is not to say that she didn't misunderstand. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Gosu, it's possible, but there are still several of us who put deposits down for the JAE-700 literally years ago that are still waiting for ours to be made and shipped. If they are doing two week production for new "ship it now" orders, I for one will not be pleased...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhnmdahl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosu, it's possible, but there are still several of us who put deposits down for the JAE-700 literally years ago that are still waiting for ours to be made and shipped. If they are doing two week production for new "ship it now" orders, I for one will not be pleased... </div></div>

Well that blows. Sorry to hear that, more for you than me. So back to the drawing board then. So, I really like my wife's Tikka T3 Sporter stock (very similar to the TRG), actually I just really like that rifle all the way around, but anyways, what would be close and available? A AI with Viperskins?

Mine will be in my hands in 48 hours, just waiting to clear Aus customs
smile.gif
. Paid my deposit 18 months ago.

Id still take whatever they say with a grain of salt, my order has been one month away every time I asked since the 12 month wait. Still, should be a great piece of gear once it shows up.

I will tell you this much. Buy the ticket and wait in line. You will not be disappointed.

I have one, and all I can say is that it is the most well thought out, well engineered, incredibly awesome piece of kit I have seen in quite some time. I used to build military satellites (hughes) for a living, and I have seen some fantastic work in my day. For a rifle chassis, this thing is going to be very hard to outdo. Fit and finish is second to none, ergonomics, second to none, and when you put a solid performer like the Surgeon Scalpel on top, it just seals the deal.

Here is mine:

IMG_3138.jpg

There is absolutely NOTHING I would change about this chassis. Everything is in the right place, it is a dream to shoot, and every time I take it to the range, at least 3 people come up and ask me about it. It is kind of like the Ducati 996 (or 916 if we are being realistic) of it's day in my opinion. I totally love mine.

Glad to hear that mate - cant wait to put my hands on mine. I had plenty of people who told me I was stupid to wait to long, and that they were vapourware.. but the dealers I spoke to who had handled them ensured me they would be well and truly worth the wait.

I own one of these as well, it is the ultimate stock. I talk to Lisa years ago about building me one but at that time it was so new was kinda sketchy. I was lucky enough to get one through Wade at Surgeon Rifles when I purchased my 308 from them.They do some builds with the Jallen and I read they are building a stock for the Surgeon 338 action as well soon to come i think. This stock is the real deal and the best stock on the market, the quality comfort and look is amazing. I am sure they lose alot of sales due to the wait times if they could ramp up manufacturing these stocks would be everywhere. Amazing stock.

My FFL waited 2 years! But he finally got one... and it was pretty slick. I'm more of a traditional stock guy, however it felt great.

I have two, the 700 and the 100 the pros: great ergonomics, well thought out design
Cons: Heavy, Pricey, wait (i got mine in 9 months), aftermarket accessories vapor ware, I was thinking about a clip on night vision but there is no way to mount it.
I love my stocks don't get me wrong

Ditto, well worth the wait.

32446d1394462648-interested-j-allen-stock-my-700-sa-jae700.jpg

Attachments

• JAE700.jpg
    JAE700.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 21
Boogaloo,

You didn't happen to work with another shooter named Blaine, did you?

I too went with AICS in lieu of the JAllen, I don't recall why, probably availability.
It certainly looks nice but I am totally satisfied with my AICS.

I can't believe anyone would wait this long just for a stock, I have heard 2-3 year wait times from people, my friend has been on the list for over 14 months already. What a waste of time for a stock. There are so many other great choices out there available now

Nicest chassis system hands down. Pay in full and the wait time will go down because someone always cancels. Quoted 12 months the other day. Possibly 3-4 if paid in full.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

BTW these are not that much more than a ai ax chassis and they are 10 times nicer.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk